Type of erasers allowed (& other dumb last-minute questions)

rinkrat19

Type of erasers allowed (& other dumb last-minute questions)

Postby rinkrat19 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:36 pm

I assume that the normal solid-block erasers (pink, white, whatever) are what LSAC intends to allow, but are mechanical "clicky" erasers allowed? Or are they disallowed like mechanical pencils are disallowed?

This kind: http://www.amazon.com/Pentel-ZE22S-Eraser-Retractable-Barrel/dp/B0026ZQ02Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1286227214&sr=8-1

I guess it would depend on whether mechanical pencils are disallowed because they worry that the lead type isn't consistent enough for a scantron (which obviously wouldn't apply to an eraser), or because they think you're going to hide a tiny radio transmitter inside the pencil for cheating purposes.

And related: if you do bring something into the test room that they don't like, will they just confiscate it beforehand and let you proceed, or are there repercussions? Obviously nothing major like having a cell phone or an ipod or having the rules of formal logic written on the underside of a hat brim, or carrying a backpack with a gun in it, but something small like the wrong kind of eraser.

Also related: It says hats and hoods are not allowed to be worn. What about a sweatshirt that has a hood, if you have no plans to pull it up over your head? My favorite hoodies are my most comfortable (and comforting) articles of clothing!

One last thing; probably my dumbest question yet: Are you allowed to wear a jacket into the testing room? Nowhere on the ticket does it specify a coat or jacket as 'allowed' or 'disallowed,' that I can see. I assume they don't require you to get soaking wet if it's raining. And god knows where the parking lot is at each test site.

gdane

Re: Type of erasers allowed (& other dumb last-minute questions)

Postby gdane » Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:41 pm

No mechanical pencils. That includes their erasers.

You can wear the sweater with a hood, just dont wear the hood.

Dont take any electrical devices into the room. Leave your phone behind. Dont take anything. If you get caught with something, the proctors will take it and return it to you at the conclusion of the test. No repercussions, but its still annoying to have to wait to get something back instead of being able to leave the room.

You can wear a jacket. However, if its a thick puffy polar bear jacket the proctors might get suspicious. Err on the side of caution. Dont wear anything that'll stand out.

Good luck!

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:43 am

Thanks! I definitely don't want to be thinking of these stupid questions on Saturday morning and freaking myself out. :)

Knock

Postby Knock » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:45 am

gdane5 wrote:No mechanical pencils. That includes their erasers.

Dont take any electrical devices into the room. Leave your phone behind. Dont take anything. If you get caught with something, the proctors will take it and return it to you at the conclusion of the test. No repercussions, but its still annoying to have to wait to get something back instead of being able to leave the room.

You can wear a jacket. However, if its a thick puffy polar bear jacket the proctors might get suspicious. Err on the side of caution. Dont wear anything that'll stand out.

Good luck!

Pretty sure you can't wear hoodies. At all, even if not wearing the hood.

kazu

Postby kazu » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:46 am

Knockglock wrote:
gdane5 wrote:No mechanical pencils. That includes their erasers.

Good luck!

Pretty sure you can't wear hoodies. At all, even if not wearing the hood. IIRC someone had to take theirs off before they could go into the test room.

Depends on proctor/test center. Better to play it safe and just wear something that doesn't have a hood.

Also, OP, instructions are on the ticket thing you need to bring. Print it out and read it all, now, just in case.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”