what to do with wrong LR questions?

what to do with wrong LR questions?

Postby gambelda » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:35 pm

I'm not sure what I should be doing to benefit most from wrong LR questions. Should I just track question types in a spreadsheet to target the ones I struggle with most and then retype the questions into a question bank that I can do at a later date?

I'm not really sure if the spreadsheet will work for me because half of the mistakes I seem to make on the LR section (maybe 10-12 total in all the LR problems) seem to be really silly mistakes. Things that if I had just noticed that 1 word in the stimulus, the answer would have been clear as day. As a result, I don't think I'll find a general trend in a spreadsheet because the types seem to vary so much simply by me mis-reading or failing to read carefully.

Re: what to do with wrong LR questions?

Postby tourdeforcex » Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:45 pm

If you don't think a spreadsheet will work, don't do it.

I've been cutting my LR questions out and taping them to my wall. I also manually keep track of what question types I'm getting wrong. I don't run an hour long analysis on these, I just keep in mind that I consistently get weaken and strength questions wrong. Once in a while, I'll stand in front of my wall and do the question in my head. This works for me b/c I barely make any marks on my questions for LR. I actually thought of retyping but then I tried it and it takes way too long to type.

Next, as you said, silly mistakes are no good. Is it because of lack of time? or lack of focus? Definitely need to be reading carefully and not miss that crucial word. I used to get maybe 3 wrong b/c of stuff like that (more likely to happen to me in RC), but I'm better at focusing now.

Re: what to do with wrong LR questions?

Postby kpuc » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:57 am

What I do is I write down (on a word processor) every LR question that I either got wrong or found difficult. Then I write down my thought process was and why the a certain A/C can be the only answer and why other contenders are wrong.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”