Heading into the last week before Test Day... any advice??

Bless

Heading into the last week before Test Day... any advice??

Postby Bless » Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:19 pm

I think I'm going to take a PT Mon-Thurs, rest Fri, and test Saturday. I'm very used to taking PT's that much as I did it last week and the week before.

I'd love to hear what other people are doing and what previous testers had done. I welcome all advice!

catsparka

Re: Heading into the last week before Test Day... any advice??

Postby catsparka » Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:22 pm

Everyone I've talked to has told me to take Friday off completely. But I honestly doubt I'll be able to do that.

Bless

Postby Bless » Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:31 pm

catsparka wrote:Everyone I've talked to has told me to take Friday off completely. But I honestly doubt I'll be able to do that.

I honestly think it's going to be difficult for me to do as well, but I know it's good advice. When I've taken a day off after pounding work for days and days, the following day that I took a PT I felt very refreshed and did impressively well. If anything, I might skim over the reasoning section of the LR Bible.

northwood

Postby northwood » Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:17 pm

im doing timed sections every day ( 1 for games, 1 for RC and 1 for LR) and drilling the LR questions that im missing the most. I will be taking prep test 60 on wednesday ( but might break it up into 2 sets of timed sections of 3 sections each and do it over 2 days- depends on how im feeling). Friday night I will go over my prep notes and do some easy games, lr questions and a comparative rc passage.

i think its a good idea not to over work yourself this week. Id limit the amount of actual prep tests you do to keep you fresh, but i would not stop prepping yet. The finish line is in sight, and within grasp.. dont slip now and fall

longdaysjourney

Postby longdaysjourney » Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:29 pm

I would not recommend taking a preptest every day; Monday & Wednesday (59 & 60) are what I'm doing. On friday you should re-take 1 section of each type....they should be ones that you go -0 on. That way you are getting a little practice, and a confidence boost.

Here is what I'm doing:

Monday pt 59/review mistakes
Tuesday 2 hours times RC/2 hours timed LG (sections that gave me problems)
Wednesday pt 60/review mistakes
Thursday 2 hours times RC/2 hours timed LG (sections that gave me problems) & 1 "writing" section
Friday re-take 1 section of each type that I got -0 on & 1 "writing" section
Saturday: 1 easy LG, First 15 of LR section, 1 easy RC passage, making sure to finish this "warm-up" 45 minutes before test 61 begins

Also see my post on pre-lsat workout: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=131662

p.s. I think the most important thing at this point is confidence.....if there is a chance that you could crash and burn on a PT, I wouldn't take anymore...I'd just do timed sections. By this point you know what you know, and you don't know what you don't know....at least that's my opinion. If you haven't taken 58, 59, 60....you aren't going to learn anything new if you've already taken 1-57.

catsparka

Postby catsparka » Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:44 pm

longdaysjourney wrote:I would not recommend taking a preptest every day; Monday & Wednesday (59 & 60) are what I'm doing. On friday you should re-take 1 section of each type....they should be ones that you go -0 on. That way you are getting a little practice, and a confidence boost.

Here is what I'm doing:

Thursday 2 hours times RC/2 hours timed LG (sections that gave me problems) & 1 "writing" section
Saturday: 1 easy LG, First 15 of LR section, 1 easy RC passage, making sure to finish this "warm-up" 45 minutes before test 61 begins

p.s. I think the most important thing at this point is confidence.....if there is a chance that you could crash and burn on a PT, I wouldn't take anymore...I'd just do timed sections. By this point you know what you know, and you don't know what you don't know....at least that's my opinion. If you haven't taken 58, 59, 60....you aren't going to learn anything new if you've already taken 1-57.

This is really helpful! Thanks! :D

dabomb75

Postby dabomb75 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:57 pm

Most likely what my routine is going to be:

Today - Timed sections
Tomorrow - Review 3 LR types I'm weakest on for a last time, RC and LG timed sections
Tuesday - PT # 55
Wednesday - Day off to see whether I feel okay the next day , taking a test after having not used my brain the day before
Thursday - PT # 60
Friday - Depending on how Wednesday+Thursday felt/went, either day off or 1 hour of LSAT work max
Saturday - 10 hard LR Qs, 1 RC passage, 1 LG finished by 8:00am latest, then off to the test!

ATR

Postby ATR » Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:06 pm

longdaysjourney wrote:I would not recommend taking a preptest every day; Monday & Wednesday (59 & 60) are what I'm doing. On friday you should re-take 1 section of each type....they should be ones that you go -0 on. That way you are getting a little practice, and a confidence boost.

Here is what I'm doing:

I like the Saturday routine. I had planned on doing an easy LG (already have one in mind), but I may also adopt what you're doing.

AreJay711

Postby AreJay711 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:42 pm

I'm going to take 1 practice test on Wed and keep prep test 60 just in case I suck on it (I was going to take it in June but broke my hand the week before). This I'm also gonna go back over the Powersore LG book. I just rolled out a 173 this morning so i don't know how much better I can do so I don't want to bring my confidence down with a weak score later this week.

Yo plus a 5 hour energy before the test... and the bar right after lol. Anyone with me?

northwood

Postby northwood » Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:49 pm

sure.. you get first round, i got the second... we'll have to find someone to call the cab though

AreJay711

Postby AreJay711 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:10 pm

northwood wrote:sure.. you get first round, i got the second... we'll have to find someone to call the cab though

Sounds like a plan. I have to make up for all the late nights practicing lsat questions and working on personal statements.

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:57 am

Here's my plan for the week:

Monday - work 8-5, PT, review answers
Tuesday - work 8-5, PT, review answers
Wednesday - work 8-5, PT, review answers
Thursday - work 8-5, O.A.R. concert after work
Friday - day off work, sleep in late, PT, NHL opening night on TV, review answers, early to bed
Saturday - hour drive to the test site

sgtgrumbles

Postby sgtgrumbles » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:44 pm

Here's my schedule:

Monday: Jogged this morning, work, early to bed.

Tuesday: PT 59 before work, work, review test.

Wednesday: Jog, work, early to bed.

Thursday: PT 60 before work, work, review test.

Friday: NO work, jog, chores around the house, movie, reading, light section review, early to bed.

Saturday: Light section review, ace the LSAT.

minnbills

Postby minnbills » Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:41 pm

I'm going to PT every day except friday, when I will do heavy review and LG practice. I've only taken one PT in the 50s so far, so I'm pressured to catch up a bit. I also feel like I do better the more work I take on. I guess I don't agree with the conventional wisdom.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”