How much weight do you put on re-taken PTs

JD=Doctor

How much weight do you put on re-taken PTs

Postby JD=Doctor » Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:01 pm

I took December2009 once when i studied for the june test and i believe i got low 160s (was in the middle of my studying... ended up with a 165 on gameday)

i didnt do much of a review on that test then (which was april/may) but took the test again the other day and got a 170... im sure i improved but how much do i weigh it since i took it once before?

as well i never went over the June2010 (165) test that i took..... i plan on taking that this week. How much weight does that hold in reflection of how i should look at how prepared i am on test day?

Thankss

Re: How much weight do you put on re-taken PTs

Postby 2014 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:00 pm

I think only you can answer that. If you actually felt like you remembered some of the answers, then I wouldn't put too much weight in the new score. If the test felt 100% new to you and you are just wondering if you subconsciously remembered some answers, then I doubt that is the case and you can be proud of the score. Just my opinion.

Sandro

Postby Sandro » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:22 pm

If you dont remember either the correct answer or the underlying principle of the passage of the question, you should be fine. If anything remembering you've came across a question before would throw you off more. But if you come to a question and instantly remember the wrong/what they are looking for it becomes an issue.

Bless

Postby Bless » Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:15 pm

I agree that recognizing a question would throw you off more (if anything). When I would read a question on a PT I was familar with (either by practice exercises or from it being on the supplemental "experimental" sections from a previous PT), it would just distract the shit out of me rather than me objectively reading the material. That's just if it was a question/passage of which I RECOGNIZED but didn't really remember specifics about.

Sandro

Postby Sandro » Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:34 pm

It would always consciously make me second guess myself because I knew there was a trick/trap answer, and thought maybe that i was choosing it...multiply that by 5+ questions and it def. slows you down.

Bless

Postby Bless » Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:36 pm

Sandro777 wrote:It would always consciously make me second guess myself because I knew there was a trick/trap answer, and thought maybe that i was choosing it...multiply that by 5+ questions and it def. slows you down.

Same exact thing I'm talking about. EXACT.

Knock

Postby Knock » Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:37 pm

Sandro777 wrote:It would always consciously make me second guess myself because I knew there was a trick/trap answer, and thought maybe that i was choosing it...multiply that by 5+ questions and it def. slows you down.

Definitely did this to me a bunch of times, so it's hard to say the net effect of re-taking a PT.

stanleyLLP

Postby stanleyLLP » Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:51 pm

JD=Doctor wrote:I took December2009 once when i studied for the june test and i believe i got low 160s (was in the middle of my studying... ended up with a 165 on gameday)

i didnt do much of a review on that test then (which was april/may) but took the test again the other day and got a 170... im sure i improved but how much do i weigh it since i took it once before?

as well i never went over the June2010 (165) test that i took..... i plan on taking that this week. How much weight does that hold in reflection of how i should look at how prepared i am on test day?

Thankss

That hold a lot of weight, first of all. Following things should be measured on test day or before test day:

-Amount of Confidence before test day and on test day but before the actual test and no account for after actual test.
-A calm mind before before test day and on test day but before the actual test and no account for after actual test.
-Test is designed to see how you think by default? How you read naturally? So more you calm, more you confident, more you read RC passage, LR questions with a kind of consistency, critical approach and ability to the relationship between ideas and ideas, more you will do right from beginning of the exam. Just imagine how professionally you can work on any exam or task with completely unwavering hands, just apply the same visualization of your abilities on this test - so called LSAT.

blhblahblah

Postby blhblahblah » Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:11 pm

stanleyLLP wrote:
JD=Doctor wrote:I took December2009 once when i studied for the june test and i believe i got low 160s (was in the middle of my studying... ended up with a 165 on gameday)

Thankss

That hold a lot of weight, first of all. Following things should be measured on test day or before test day:

-Amount of Confidence before test day and on test day but before the actual test and no account for after actual test.
-A calm mind before before test day and on test day but before the actual test and no account for after actual test.
-Test is designed to see how you think by default? How you read naturally? So more you calm, more you confident, more you read RC passage, LR questions with a kind of consistency, critical approach and ability to the relationship between ideas and ideas, more you will do right from beginning of the exam. Just imagine how professionally you can work on any exam or task with completely unwavering hands, just apply the same visualization of your abilities on this test - so called LSAT.

Wins for coherency

Sandro

Postby Sandro » Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:16 pm

so called LSAT!!!! I think its really called the UNEMPLOYMENT-AT

Blindc1rca

Postby Blindc1rca » Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:59 pm

stanleyLLP wrote:That hold a lot of weight, first of all. Following things should be measured on test day or before test day:

Confucius is back from the dead, and apparently more inebriated than usual.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”