Superprep Test C, Dynamic Motors Logic Game Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
bluedevil88

New

Superprep Test C, Dynamic Motors Logic Game

Post by bluedevil88 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:17 pm

Hey everyone,

I cannot for the life of me figure out the fourth logic game on Superprep Test C (Dynamic Motors). I have read the superprep explanation as well some previous posts on this forum, but they haven't really given me the confidence in the possibility that if something like this repeated next Saturday, I would be able to complete it. Can anyone post any insights or setups they have for this game? Thanks!

Knock

Platinum

Re: Superprep Test C, Dynamic Motors Logic Game

Post by Knock » Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:21 pm

bluedevil88 wrote:Hey everyone,

I cannot for the life of me figure out the fourth logic game on Superprep Test C (Dynamic Motors). I have read the superprep explanation as well some previous posts on this forum, but they haven't really given me the confidence in the possibility that if something like this repeated next Saturday, I would be able to complete it. Can anyone post any insights or setups they have for this game? Thanks!
This is a really tough game. I wouldn't expect to see a game like this on October. Personally, I wouldn't worry about it. I don't think there is a quick and easy way to solve those at all, you just got to plug and chug it.

Cromartie

Bronze

Post by Cromartie » Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:38 pm

I did this game last Friday. It is pretty tough. The key inferences here really are that X is always followed by Z in the next year, and Z is always followed by W. There are a number of permutations possible with this inference. For instance, the factory that manufactures X in Year 1 manufactures Z in Year 2 and W in Year 3. Conversely, the factory that produces W in a subsequent year must have manufactured Z in the immediately previous year, and any factory that produces Z in a subsequent year must have produced an X in the immediately previous year.

These inferences really limit the possible distributions of cars to factories for each of the years and simplify the game somewhat.

Edited for subject-verb agreement. LOL.
Last edited by Cromartie on Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Miranda 18

New

Post by Miranda 18 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:22 pm

I am still having problems working this game out. This and the first game in the set. I am going to work through them today and if I somehow find any insight I will be sure to post.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”