Getting sick ...

egeffin

Getting sick ...

Postby egeffin » Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:13 pm

So im getting sick and I take the LSAT on Saturday. What do i do?

JJDancer

Re: Getting sick ...

Postby JJDancer » Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:32 pm

Depends what kind of sick but get plenty of rest.
If it's cold/flu then OJ, organic throat coat tea (whole foods), vitamins, rest, healthy foods, - try and get a zpack from your doc just in case (azithromycin)

If you are honest to goodness sick during the LSAT, it can affect your performace and you might have to cancel.

On the other hand, you could get over it by Thursday and be a-ok for Saturday.

WonkyPanda

Postby WonkyPanda » Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:32 pm

egeffin wrote:So im getting sick and I take the LSAT on Saturday. What do i do?

Drink Fluids like no tomorrow.

Rest your body as much as you can. If you do not, you can prolong the sickness.

Stay away from exercise. Even though it can boost the immune system, it's actually detrimental to getting over it as fast as possible.

Mind over matter. The more you freak about getting sick, the more you will get sick.

good luck!

Hedwig

Postby Hedwig » Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:37 pm

Buy those Emergen-C packets to put in your water. I have no idea if they actually have any sort of effect on your cold (besides the obviously positive benefit of getting enough vitamin C). However, the taste was really gross to me at the beginning of my cold, then I got sick enough that I couldn't taste it and it just tasted weird, and then it started tasting gross again as I got better, haha. It was a nice barometer. Also, if you have a cold, and your mouth tastes yucky, it can be helpful to have some sort of flavor to help you drink more fluids.

Rikkugrrl

Postby Rikkugrrl » Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:43 pm

Saturday's a week away. Most colds last about a week. If it's a cold, you'll at least be feeling better by then if you take care of yourself.

If you can pick yourself out of bed and stumble to the test center, you should take the test. If you think you did bad you can always cancel. If you can't pick yourself up out of bed, well, hello December.

Take your temp tomorrow. If there's no fever then I'm betting it's just allergies. People tend to feel sicky when the weather starts changing.

gdane

Postby gdane » Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:44 pm

Work out and force this out of your system. Work out hard. Your body will produce endorphins and antibodies. Also, its a good stress releaser.

Just take it easy. Youll be fine.

Good luck!

bjc314

Postby bjc314 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:18 pm

I'm sick too! I'm not sure what's worse, actually being sick or being stressed out about being sick on the big day.

BLi

Postby BLi » Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:22 pm

gdane5 wrote:Work out and force this out of your system. Work out hard. . . Just take it easy. Youll be fine.

Also:
Try to remember to take a lot of vitamin C, but under no circumstance should you take a lot of vitamin C.

BLi

Postby BLi » Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:24 pm

bjc314 wrote:I'm sick too! I'm not sure what's worse, actually being sick or being stressed out about being sick on the big day.

bjc, just try and relax and focus on a calm blue ocean to let your brain de-stress; it doesn't help to think about how you being sick will screw with your test. But if you know what's good for you, keep your mind sharp by constant thought, and re-evaluating how your sickness will damper your test day.

Saltqjibo

Postby Saltqjibo » Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:48 pm

You guys have a week. If anything you are lucky you are getting sick now and not 3 or 4 days from now when you would really be screwed. you will recover in time.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”