Anecdotes Abound: Possible LGs on Oct. 9

Blindc1rca

Anecdotes Abound: Possible LGs on Oct. 9

Postby Blindc1rca » Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:44 pm

Just for fun and games (get it? games!) let's hear what LG type you think might show up on the upcoming test. Hopefully we'll get some retakers on here who got an experimental LG.

I'll start the rumoring:

I heard that a circular linearity game popped up on a recent experimental section. I have never taken the test, so I'm interested if there's any experiential support for this.

thegrayman

Re: Anecdotes Abound: Possible LGs on Oct. 9

Postby thegrayman » Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:03 pm

A game which uses the variables to spell out funny things in the diagram. (ex PT 60 - WTF as a base for game 1).

JJDancer

Postby JJDancer » Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:50 pm

I think something with sequencing will show up.

Maybe a hybrid linear+grouping with multiple levels/layers whatever you want to call it.
Maybe a vertically oriented game like PT 59 (floors)

Blindc1rca

Postby Blindc1rca » Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:08 pm

Not to get anyone's hopes up with unrepresentative qualitative analyses, but here you go:

**Found this in the forum archive for the June 2010:

--For those of you that LG as experimental, what did you think of it? Did you find it easier or harder than the real one?

The experimental was a million times easier. I was floating on air until I got to the real LG section.

--much easier. fml.

--I thought I was the only one. I was walking on air after the first one. And then I got to the second one and crapped my pants. I was so pissed when I went home today and found out it was the real LG.

**Found this in the forum archive for the Feb. 2010:

--Did anybody get the LG experimental for the feb 2010 sitting? there were questions of tulips and flowers, and another advanced linear sequencing game (i think?). does anyone remember the type of game sections on that test?

--I remember thinking it was incredibly easy. Incredibly, incredibly easy. This makes me want to say that there were probably two sequencing games and one of those fairly simple grouping games. I remember being thoroughly disappointed when I found another game section after the break.

**December 2009 LG exp. was the June 2010 LG

**Found this in the forum archive for the Sept. 2009:

--1st section was exp lg and was probably the easiest lg section i've ever taken, although i did not feel that the real section was difficult at all.

--I don't even remember the games on my experimental LG section. They were that trivial.

--RC, the easiest LG ever made, LR that sucked, LR, LG featuring those damn planes.

--dammit grouping games are my worst area and that actual was like ALL grouping. I'm worried now! the experimental LG was pretty easy.

**Found this in the forums for June 2009:

--I generally dislike in/out games, but in June my LG experimental was really, really easy. I was able to finish all the games and felt like I did pretty good. I had been averaging -8/-10 on games in general before the test.

**Feb '09 there seems to be no consensus on which was more difficult, the exp LG or the real one.

**Found this in the forum archive for the Oct. 2008

--Really? Did anyone have the same LR as me first? It pisses me off that this was supposedly the experimental. Isn't the experimental supposed to be hard?

I had like
EASY musician game
EASY installation order game
EASY Committee game
and one other that was medium at worst (I forget)

You're telling me that the multivariable, overloaded, complex linear games like emails, bus stop, legal arguments, and workers was scored and that easy **** wasn't?

/facepalm

--The musician, etc. was not on my test. That was experimental games. The real ones were e-mail, bus, etc.

--That's ridiculous. What were they experimenting? How to make LG as easy as possible? Like two of the games were straight easy simple linear or 6 variable easy grouping.

Sandro

Postby Sandro » Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:23 pm

I thought excremental didnt show up for years later, to prevent people from having them as their experimentals and then again like a year later?

Blindc1rca

Postby Blindc1rca » Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:29 pm

Sandro777 wrote:I thought excremental didnt show up for years later, to prevent people from having them as their experimentals and then again like a year later?

heheheheh. you said excremental.

Knock

Postby Knock » Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:31 pm

All I think, and I really have no reason for saying this other than gut, but I feel that the RC on this test is going to be tough, with at least 1 Noguchi/Cake-walk/etc. difficulty-level passage.

incompetentia

Postby incompetentia » Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:34 pm

Knockglock wrote:All I think, and I really have no reason for saying this other than gut, but I feel that the RC on this test is going to be tough, with at least 1 Noguchi/Cake-walk/etc. difficulty-level passage.

You're going to make me cry. Stop it.

I'm thinking we might see one of those hierarchy type things...seems like most of the recent grouping games have been of a different type, we might be overdue. (Would love an XP LG forever, since that's easily my best section...)

Knock

Postby Knock » Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:35 pm

incompetentia wrote:
Knockglock wrote:All I think, and I really have no reason for saying this other than gut, but I feel that the RC on this test is going to be tough, with at least 1 Noguchi/Cake-walk/etc. difficulty-level passage.

I'm thinking we might see one of those hierarchy type things...seems like most of the recent grouping games have been of a different type, we might be overdue. (Would love an XP LG forever, since that's easily my best section...)

Haha sorry. I just have a gut feeling for it for some reason!

Blindc1rca

Postby Blindc1rca » Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:39 pm

incompetentia wrote:I'm thinking we might see one of those hierarchy type things...seems like most of the recent grouping games have been of a different type, we might be overdue. (Would love an XP LG forever, since that's easily my best section...)

hierarchy... like what? example?

KevinP

Postby KevinP » Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:41 pm

Knockglock wrote:
incompetentia wrote:

Haha sorry. I just have a gut feeling for it for some reason!

Maybe this is LSAC's plan to throw you off?

I think LSAC is just messing with us with all those easy experimental games. Come test day, we'll have it worse than dinos.

JJDancer

Postby JJDancer » Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:07 pm

incompetentia wrote:

Seriously if I bomb PT 61 because of some jacked up RC, I am going to cry. (ok not really, but that would suck).

Knock

Postby Knock » Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:08 pm

JJDancer wrote:
incompetentia wrote:

Seriously if I bomb PT 61 because of some jacked up RC, I am going to cry. (ok not really, but that would suck).

I wouldn't blame you. If I bomb PT 61 for any reason I am going to cry.

JJDancer

Postby JJDancer » Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:11 pm

Knockglock wrote:
JJDancer wrote:

I wouldn't blame you. If I bomb PT 61 for any reason I am going to cry.

True. But LR was my weakness for a while and though I've tackled it, I wouldn't be as pissed. LG is like my little puppy dog, but it might completely mess me up by making me not read a rule correctly or just making me run out of time, and I wouldn't be as pissed. But if READING makes me bomb...boy o boy o boy..

Dear Law School, I promise you I can READ!

gdane

Postby gdane » Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:11 pm

Theres no use doing this. Youre going to get whatever you get. Youve prepared for everything and you'll be fine. I didnt think a popular culture type question would come up on the LSAT, but it did in February. The infamous Lil Wayne flaw in the reasoning question. It was tough, but Id done a million flaw in the reasoning questions that it wasnt impossible. We'll all be fine.

Knock

Postby Knock » Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:13 pm

gdane5 wrote:Theres no use doing this. Youre going to get whatever you get. Youve prepared for everything and you'll be fine. I didnt think a popular culture type question would come up on the LSAT, but it did in February. The infamous Lil Wayne flaw in the reasoning question. It was tough, but Id done a million flaw in the reasoning questions that it wasnt impossible. We'll all be fine.

I agree with this general sentiment.

justadude55

Postby justadude55 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:20 pm

LR is all the same with different words.

Hedwig

Postby Hedwig » Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:45 pm

I don't like multiple levels. At all.

gdane

Postby gdane » Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:46 pm

eit wrote:I don't like multiple levels. At all.

LG? If its a game from PT 59 or PT 60, please dont tell.

Im doing so much better on LG I might take the impossible ones in Kaplan Mastery...

Hedwig

Postby Hedwig » Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:47 pm

gdane5 wrote:

Im doing so much better on LG I might take the impossible ones in Kaplan Mastery...

I meant any game that has multiple levels of diagramming. I think they show up more in the later PTs, but they occur earlier too. It's like whenever you have to keep track of two different sets of variables. Or even three. You have your base variable and then two levels (or more) stacked on that. I find them hurtful.

Blindc1rca

Postby Blindc1rca » Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:49 pm

I just don't want to see circular linearity. What time gluttons they are for me.

gdane

Postby gdane » Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:50 pm

eit wrote:
gdane5 wrote:

I meant any game that has multiple levels of diagramming. I think they show up more in the later PTs, but they occur earlier too. It's like whenever you have to keep track of two different sets of variables. Or even three. You have your base variable and then two levels (or more) stacked on that. I find them hurtful.

Ah gotcha. I know what youre talking about.

Ive actually been having fun on LG lately.

Hedwig

Postby Hedwig » Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:56 pm

Blindc1rca wrote:I just don't want to see circular linearity. What time gluttons they are for me.

Ahahaha, I might have to write TG beside questions that I don't have time to solve and thus really need to come back to. This might work better than my current system for marking questions to come back to.

See, I get all paranoid during the first questions that I'm getting them all wrong. So I circle at least 5 out of the first 10 to come back and look at. But since I'm fairly sure I can get those right, I do small circles around the question number. If I'm wildly unsure I do a big looping circle. If I'm medium unsure, my circle is in between, haha.

incompetentia

Postby incompetentia » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:08 pm

I always end up rushing through LG and then having leftover time at the end. Every 3-4 tests it comes back to bite me withe a misbubble or something of the sort. ugh

Blindc1rca

Postby Blindc1rca » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:23 pm

eit wrote:
Blindc1rca wrote:I just don't want to see circular linearity. What time gluttons they are for me.

Ahahaha, I might have to write TG beside questions that I don't have time to solve and thus really need to come back to. This might work better than my current system for marking questions to come back to.

See, I get all paranoid during the first questions that I'm getting them all wrong. So I circle at least 5 out of the first 10 to come back and look at. But since I'm fairly sure I can get those right, I do small circles around the question number. If I'm wildly unsure I do a big looping circle. If I'm medium unsure, my circle is in between, haha.

you do this for logic games? or for any section? lol i should probably do something similar. i often get through the first game in like 4 minutes only to find out that my only miss in the section was on one of those first 6. a result of going too fast.

okay so here's my plan then... i'll draw an ankylosaur eating a small casio wristwatch next to all the problems that i'm fairly sure on, a triceratops eating a medium sized grandfather clock (like the one's you would see in a foyer at a bed and breakfast) for problems that i'm medium unsure about, and a spinosaurus taking a chunk out of Big Ben for those on which I have no f*cking clue.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”