PowerScore online LSAT class? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
rso11

Bronze

PowerScore online LSAT class?

Post by rso11 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:22 pm

Hey, I'm currently signed up for the Oct LSAT, and not anticipating a score high enough to get me to the schools I want. I'm thinking of taking an online class before the Dec. test...does anyone have experience with one of these? I've been studying from the PowerScore Bibles so I'm inclined to use their online service. Has anyone taken their virtual course or have some info on how good it is? Thanks! :)

Platinum

Re: PowerScore online LSAT class?

Post by 2014 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:48 pm

Some of them will let you do a free trial, I think Atlas and Knewton both do and the latter has a 5+ point increase guarantee too. A lot depends on the teacher you get I assume, but I think price and amount of PTs and such available to you has to be a large deciding factor as well.

NickM54

New

Post by NickM54 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:07 am

I took the course, and I improved my score towards the end of the class. It depends on where you are with your studying. If you have mastered the Bibles, I would say that you would be better served to spend the money on individual PT's. If you are still struggling with basic concepts the class can be a good thing to help shore up any areas of weakness. It does not provide any extra information that cannot be found in the Bibles. There are many PT's that come with the class, but that can hardly justify the expense in and of itself. Let me know if you have any more specific questions.

Sandro

Gold

Post by Sandro » Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:29 am

Im sorry but I think the only time spending over 1k on a powerscore online class is when you A. just simply dont care enough on the lsat or B. are scoring at a very low level. Otherwise the bibles contain the EXACT same material as the powerscore class. same stuff, word for word. I wasted money on the class, sure it was a nice study aid, but worth 1300 ? no. way.

rso11

Bronze

Post by rso11 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:38 am

Sandro777 wrote:Im sorry but I think the only time spending over 1k on a powerscore online class is when you A. just simply dont care enough on the lsat or B. are scoring at a very low level. Otherwise the bibles contain the EXACT same material as the powerscore class. same stuff, word for word. I wasted money on the class, sure it was a nice study aid, but worth 1300 ? no. way.
Hm. That's what I had suspected. Have you heard good things about any other prep classes?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

dtubin

New

Post by dtubin » Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:40 am

blueprint

lakers3peat

Bronze

Post by lakers3peat » Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:45 am

i would NOT recommend taking testmasters. i hate to be a hater(lol) but with most prep companies that have started to expand, their criteria for hiring new instructors is diminished. i heard nothing but amazing things about testmasters then when I took the actual class, I got stuck with an instructor who had been hired for only 6 months. her explanations were inadequate. her enthusiasm for the subject was miserable. she basically made everyone want to leave by the 15 minute break in the middle of the class. now don't get me wrong, i know for a fact that there are good instructors(we had a sub for two of the diagnostic reviews who was amazing) but overall, you run the risk of gambling away 1.5k$ on a class that not only doesn't help you but makes you feel as though you are the problem, not them.

bp colin

Bronze

Post by bp colin » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:04 am

You might want to check us (Blueprint) out if you're thinking of taking an online course. We just did a massive update to everything. All the videos are fully animated, and the coursebooks just went through an update as well, and contain every released LSAT problem, even the latest tests. If you're interested, you can PM me with questions.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”