Highlighter/Valid ID

brightside

Highlighter/Valid ID

Postby brightside » Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:39 pm

Are we allowed to use one during the actual exam?

And is a US passport valid ID?

Signed up for the Oct exam, and just got an LSAC email stating:
No one will be admitted into the testing room without acceptable identification. Test takers must bring a current, valid (NOT expired) government-issued ID containing a recent and recognizable photo and signature. Acceptable forms of ID include passport book and driver's license. US military personnel may present their US military ID card containing their name, photo, and signature. Government-issued employment IDs, Social Security/Insurance cards, passport cards, expired IDs, cards used in Canada for health care benefits, and student IDs are NOT acceptable.

Thnks!

Knock

Re: Highlighter/Valid ID

Postby Knock » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:55 am

brightside wrote:Are we allowed to use one during the actual exam?

No one will be admitted into the testing room without acceptable identification. Test takers must bring a current, valid (NOT expired) government-issued ID containing a recent and recognizable photo and signature. Acceptable forms of ID include passport book and driver's license. US military personnel may present their US military ID card containing their name, photo, and signature. Government-issued employment IDs, Social Security/Insurance cards, passport cards, expired IDs, cards used in Canada for health care benefits, and student IDs are NOT acceptable.

Thnks!

Yes, yellow highlighters are allowed. Double check me, but I believe other colors are considered "markers" and not allowed.

And yes, I do believe a US passport is a valid ID.

Anonymous Loser

Postby Anonymous Loser » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:02 am

brightside wrote:Are we allowed to use one during the actual exam?

Thnks!

txadv11

Postby txadv11 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:08 am

I am using my driver's license but I wonder if my concealed handgun license is a valid ID. It does contain my correct name, correct address, and correct driver's license number....

Then again I wouldn't chance it for fear of raising attention or suspicion. (obviously I do not/ cannot carry at things like this)

Knock

Postby Knock » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:08 am

txadv11 wrote:I am using my driver's license but I wonder if my concealed handgun license is a valid ID. It does contain my correct name, correct address, and correct driver's license number....

Then again I wouldn't chance it for fear of raising attention or suspicion. (obviously I do not/ cannot carry at things like this)

Does it have a picture on it?

txadv11

Postby txadv11 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:09 am

Knockglock wrote:
txadv11 wrote:I am using my driver's license but I wonder if my concealed handgun license is a valid ID. It does contain my correct name, correct address, and correct driver's license number....

Yep! Everything my DL has, plus some lol.

Knock

Postby Knock » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:11 am

txadv11 wrote:
Knockglock wrote:

Then i'm sure you could use it. In fact, it might be helpful, haha :lol:. No proctors are going to mess with you :P.

txadv11

Postby txadv11 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:17 am

Knockglock wrote:
txadv11 wrote:
Knockglock wrote:

Then i'm sure you could use it. In fact, it might be helpful, haha :lol:. No proctors are going to mess with you :P.

Test takers will also be dismissed if involved in an act of impersonation or are in possession of a weapon or firearm. If test center staff has to issue persistent verbal and written warnings for violations of test center procedures, the individual will be dismissed from the test. Dismissals will be reported to LSAC and are grounds for score cancellation and/or review by the Misconduct and Irregularities in the Admission Process Subcommittee.

I don't even want to have them THINK I could possible be doing this lol. (even though the "center" I am going to may be considered a school, and consequently I couldn't carry anyways)

The last thing I want to do is distract myself in any way from getting my best potential score.

I do wonder what people who don't drive and don't travel outside of the country do... I know that probably 1/1000 but still.

Knock

Postby Knock » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:33 am

txadv11 wrote:
Knockglock wrote:
txadv11 wrote:
Knockglock wrote:

Test takers will also be dismissed if involved in an act of impersonation or are in possession of a weapon or firearm. If test center staff has to issue persistent verbal and written warnings for violations of test center procedures, the individual will be dismissed from the test. Dismissals will be reported to LSAC and are grounds for score cancellation and/or review by the Misconduct and Irregularities in the Admission Process Subcommittee.

I don't even want to have them THINK I could possible be doing this lol. (even though the "center" I am going to may be considered a school, and consequently I couldn't carry anyways)

The last thing I want to do is distract myself in any way from getting my best potential score.

I do wonder what people who don't drive and don't travel outside of the country do... I know that probably 1/1000 but still.

They'd have to get a government issued identity card. It looks really similar to a driver's license.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”