Careless Errors in LG on PT 51

niederbomb

Careless Errors in LG on PT 51

Postby niederbomb » Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:58 am

So, I've been skipping around and realized today that I had skipped PT 51, so I took it today.

I haven't taken a full PT in one week because I've been drilling dozens of logic games every day, after realizing that 40%-60% of my incorrect answers were still typically coming from those 23 questions.

I was happy that, for only the third time in my PT career, I finished LG in time. However, the final result was -5, which is exactly the same as I usually get when I don't get to the last questions.

It seemed 4 of those errors were simple mistakes related to misreading the questions and conditions. I also went -3 on RC and, -4 on the two LR sections combined, at least 4 of those were also stupid errors.

Total scaled score: -12, 169. Not too bad, as 80% of the PT's I've taken in the last four weeks have been between 169-172, but 169 on a PT can easily equal 164 on test day.

Am I suffering from burnout or is this PT unusually tricky? I hope it's not representative. It used to be I would miss 8-12, and all but 1 or 2 would be because I genuinely didn't know the answer or couldn't finish the game on time.

stargazin

Re: Careless Errors in LG on PT 51

Postby stargazin » Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:07 pm

Don't read too much into it. A little variation is perfectly normal. I thought the guitar game was hard to understand (I made the Rock and New Comp a block but it was incorrect because it wasn't a block, it was a conditional).

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”