Preptest vs. Real LSAT formats?

rso11

Preptest vs. Real LSAT formats?

Postby rso11 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:20 pm

Hey! Don't know if someone's asked this already...
but do the real LSATs on test day pretty much look like the Official LSAT PrepTests that LSAC puts out?

s0ph1e2007

Re: Preptest vs. Real LSAT formats?

Postby s0ph1e2007 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:22 pm

yes and if you mean the format of questions then the more recent the more this is true

psychlaw

Postby psychlaw » Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:23 pm

What do you mean? Are there only 4 sections? No, there are 5 one being an experimental in the first 3 sections. Will they be in a particular order? No.

rso11

Postby rso11 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:31 pm

psychlaw wrote:What do you mean? Are there only 4 sections? No, there are 5 one being an experimental in the first 3 sections. Will they be in a particular order? No.

I know there are 5 sections. I meant mostly the format - like, the amount of room we have to work logic games and stuff.

psychlaw

Postby psychlaw » Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:36 pm

oh, well I have noticed that on games with a lot of local questions they dont give you a lot of room to diagram at the bottom, but since they are local questions you wouldnt get much out of an initial diagram anyways. And the opposite seemed to happen when the game had a lot of global questions. I wouldnt worry about it though

northwood

Postby northwood » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:43 pm

the experimental will be somewhere inthe first 3 sections. There willbe at least 3 different exams handed out, so at any given moment someone will be doing a game, another tester will be doing rc, and someone else will be doing lr. You have to turn in the exam before getting the writing section. ( this will take probably 5-10 minutes) As for the test, the booklet wont look as nice and pretty as the lsat exams, and the pages can be easier to tear. ALso, the scantrons have mor than 30 bubbles on each section. As for the amount of space for each game- we wont know until we get to that section.

once you're done- use your admission ticket to help light the victory cigar!

bartleby

Postby bartleby » Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:40 am

Not sure why people don't bring it up more but I felt that the space they give you for your LG master diagram (if you swing that way), can vary depending on how many questions there are on that particular game. I'm sad to report I actually felt a little distracted getting used to how little space I had on the June exam (compared to PT in PDF print outs). I've been drilling LG on PDFs and have been actively trying to condense/organize my diagrams big time...

Just FYI for people freaking out about every little thing...like me.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”