2 writing prompts in PT48? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
xqhp82

Bronze

2 writing prompts in PT48?

Post by xqhp82 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:27 am

I have never practiced the writing section of LSAT but today when I decided to flip over the page I found two different writing topics. One is the normal 'pick a side and argue' type essay but the other one is an 'analyze and evaluate the line of reasoning' essay. I have never heard about the latter, how often do topics of this kind come up?? It says on the page that advance notice MAY appear on the LSAC website but it may not?

LSAT Blog

Silver

Re: 2 writing prompts in PT48?

Post by LSAT Blog » Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:48 pm

xqhp82 wrote:I have never practiced the writing section of LSAT but today when I decided to flip over the page I found two different writing topics. One is the normal 'pick a side and argue' type essay but the other one is an 'analyze and evaluate the line of reasoning' essay. I have never heard about the latter, how often do topics of this kind come up?? It says on the page that advance notice MAY appear on the LSAC website but it may not?
LSAC briefly tried out the "analyze and evaluate" style of writing sample from 2005-2007 but has not used it since. You'll almost certainly see only the "pick a side and argue" style.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”