From 165 to 170+ Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
svarne2

New

From 165 to 170+

Post by svarne2 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:53 am

I am registered for the October 9th LSAT and have prepared over the last 4 months and brought my score up significantly and I'm consistently scoring in the upper 160's. There's lots of advice out there on how to prepare and how to get to the 165 mark but very little help for refining and improving past that point. With the LSAT approximately 10 days out does anyone have advice on study techniques for getting that last bit of improvement that makes a world of difference on the LSAT?

Adjudicator

Silver

Re: From 165 to 170+

Post by Adjudicator » Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:02 am

The answer to your question depends 100% on where, why, and how you are missing problems on the LSAT currently.

I scored 164 on the LSAT in Feb. 09 and now I'm averaging around 175 on PTs going in to October. The difference is that I practiced logic games until I can reliably ace that section. LG is a very learnable section.

If you're missing most of your misses in reading comprehension, I don't know what to tell you. That's a tough one to improve.

LR falls somewhere in between. I've always been good at LR and RC, but on my first LSAT, I failed to even complete LG and probably missed a bunch of the ones I did answer.

mst

Silver

Re: From 165 to 170+

Post by mst » Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:13 am

Agreed with above that it depends on the section. I was in the exact same shoes. I just kept taking a PT every day until 2 days before, then I rested for a day. Over that 10 days or so, I targeted it down to my RC and just started using a highlighter to get through passages more efficiently. But it could be different for everyone depending on their weaknesses. Just target yours, figure out a solution from other testtakers, implement it, and practice every day.

Good luck.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”