Random test day questions.

TonyStarks

Random test day questions.

Postby TonyStarks » Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:03 pm

Will there be a clock clearly posted in the test room, or just a person with a stop watch? Will there be a warning when time is low on each section? Is the amount of scrap paper available on the preptests you can buy exactly the same as the amount on the actual test booklet? For instance on the last logic game there isn't as much room because there is the bold warning to stop and not go on to the next section.

beachbum

Re: Random test day questions.

Postby beachbum » Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:12 pm

I imagine the clock depends on the test room. I took the LSAT in a college classroom and there was a clock on the wall.

Proctors will announce the 5-minute warning.

Preptests are a great approximation for what you can expect to see on test day. There isn't always a lot of blank space.

St.Remy

Postby St.Remy » Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:13 pm

TonyStarks wrote:Will there be a clock clearly posted in the test room, or just a person with a stop watch? Will there be a warning when time is low on each section? Is the amount of scrap paper available on the preptests you can buy exactly the same as the amount on the actual test booklet? For instance on the last logic game there isn't as much room because there is the bold warning to stop and not go on to the next section.

There is often a clearly visible clock, but don't count on it. Bring an analogue watch. You will receive a five minute warning on all sections according to official procedure, but if the proctor forgets about this there is nothing you can do about it. Don't trust that you will get a completely accurate warning on test day. I remember the space that you get on prep tests is about equal to the space you get on the actual test, no extra scrap paper is allowed of course.

bk1

Postby bk1 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:14 pm

Clock depends on the testing site. Proctors are supposed to announce a 5 minute warning but sometimes forget. Prep tests are fairly close to the actual thing.

3|ink

Postby 3|ink » Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:52 pm

bk1 wrote:Clock depends on the testing site. Proctors are supposed to announce a 5 minute warning but sometimes forget. Prep tests are fairly close to the actual thing.

I would be so freaking pissed if my proctor fucked that up.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”