Require Studying Advice.

gambelda

Require Studying Advice.

Postby gambelda » Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:26 pm

Decided to take the LSAT in January of 2010. Took a baseline exame without and studying and scored a 162. Unfortunately, I got picked up by a major consulting firm and had to put the exam off. I started studying a month and a half back and am scheduled to take the exam on Oct. 9th. Highest score I've had was a 164 on an older exam and I recently took a 2006 exam and utterly bombed it.....I'm talking a 15-16 point drop.

After some discussion with people on this forum, I've decided not to show up for my Octoer 9th test date. I'm planning on registering to take it in December because I am just not ready. Also, it turns out I will have to be in Raleigh (14 hours from my test site) due to an absolutely necessary need for me at a client.

That means I have 2 months to do the following (my goal is a 170):
A) Figure out why I can't seem to get above a 164 and why my downward range is so much larger than my upward range
B) Become more confident in my test taking abilities
C) Get to a 170 from a 162-164 middle/high range.

Is this doable and if so, what strategy should I adopt to make it happen? Sometimes I feel like I'm just randomly studying with no goal other than to study....any guidance would be amazing.

gambelda

Re: Require Studying Advice.

Postby gambelda » Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:32 pm

P.S. Already taken Testmasters Weekend Course (absolute worthless junk) and have currently read through each Powerscore Bible Once. Tackled 6-7 tests overall. Not all under timed conditions together (did 2 parts one day timed and then 2 parts the next day timed)

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”