Freaking Out! Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
gambelda

Bronze

Freaking Out!

Post by gambelda » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:53 am

Been studying for a month and a half and taking the LSAT on Oct. 9th. Trying to get into a top 12 school (specifically Michigan) Been scoring around a 164 on the older exams. Took Testmasters this weekend and then did a practice exam from a newer exam - DROPPED TO A 150!? :shock:

The TM class was absolutely worthless in my opinion and now I'm confused. No Idea why I regressed. Any suggestions for some quick studying? I struggle a bit with time and confidence now.

Given that I want to go to Michigan (I have a 3.92 GPA from Mich. St.) should I just cancel my score if I don't think that I absolutely aced the exam?

Saltqjibo

Bronze

Re: Freaking Out!

Post by Saltqjibo » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:57 am

That's a big drop, maybe you misbubbled

gambelda

Bronze

Post by gambelda » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:13 pm

I thought that too. Not the case. It was the June 2006 exam. Missed 7 on games, Missed 13 on the first Logical Reasoning.

Some people have said maybe I need a break from studying and I'm overloading myself, but what are my other options with only 2 weeks left?

gdane

Diamond

Post by gdane » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:34 pm

The tests from the 50's onward are different from those tests from the 90's. Not necessarily harder, just different. They ask different types of questions. I will concede that RC is harder. Thats pretty much agreed upon.

Try to take one more recent one (not too recent so as to not "waste" any material) and see how you do. If you score poorly, postpone the test and take it at a later time when youre sure to be ready.

Good luck!

lparker

Bronze

Post by lparker » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:37 pm

gdane5 wrote: Try to take one more recent one (not too recent so as to not "waste" any material) and see how you do. If you score poorly, postpone the test and take it at a later time when youre sure to be ready.
This is what I would suggest too.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

gambelda

Bronze

Post by gambelda » Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:00 pm

If I cancel does that show to the law schools? I'm wondering what you mean by postpone....couldn't I go and take it and then cancel? So I have the option of still accepting the score if I think I did well? Or does a score cancellation after taking it reflect poorly on me to law schools?

gdane

Diamond

Post by gdane » Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:03 pm

gambelda wrote:If I cancel does that show to the law schools? I'm wondering what you mean by postpone....couldn't I go and take it and then cancel? So I have the option of still accepting the score if I think I did well? Or does a score cancellation after taking it reflect poorly on me to law schools?
Cancelation isnt as bad as a poor score.

By postoning I mean dont show up.

If you want, take the test, see how you feel and if you feel you did poorly you can cancel up to 2 days after youve taken it. The only benefit in doing this is that you experience the actual test taking conditions, so next time you take it you wont feel very scared or whatnot.

lparker

Bronze

Post by lparker » Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:35 pm

gambelda wrote:If I cancel does that show to the law schools? I'm wondering what you mean by postpone....couldn't I go and take it and then cancel? So I have the option of still accepting the score if I think I did well? Or does a score cancellation after taking it reflect poorly on me to law schools?
You can definitely take it and see how you feel... I think the general opinion is that one cancel won't hurt you. However, if you take another recent PT and still score in the 150 range, I'd get back to the basics and wait until a later date to take.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”