Sign me up on the old old LR is harder than new stuff list

Sandro

Sign me up on the old old LR is harder than new stuff list

Postby Sandro » Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:02 pm

I decided to take PT 14 today, not on my PT schedule, just for fun.

LG -2.
LR -9 :shock:
RC -3
LR -8 :shock:

79/162

Wow. Compare this to PT 52 I just took in which I went -2 -2 on LR, over 4 times as many mistakes. This is even more than double my PT avg of recent/semi recent tests for LR mistakes. Even more than I missed 1 year ago on Sep09 administration. Compare this with a good LG outing (pre 30's LGs i'd be lucky to get -8, although i've gotten better) and post 30s RC which is harder.

whymeohgodno

Re: Sign me up on the old old LR is harder than new stuff list

Postby whymeohgodno » Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:12 pm

Yeh. LR on older ones seem like there could be 2 answers or the right answer doesn't fit just right.

Was for me anyways.

Sandro

Postby Sandro » Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:11 pm

Yea. Im not touching anything other than recent LR from here on out. Old LG's are good for practice though and I have no idea how I got through all 4 games within 35. Hopefully that carries over to test day.

motiontodismiss

Postby motiontodismiss » Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:15 am

Is it possible people get more wrong on the old LR sections because they do them first? By the time they get to PT50+ most people are in their final stages. I don't know about the newer LR because I haven't taken anything above 26 yet but the difficulty doesn't seem to change much.

Jeffort

Postby Jeffort » Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:13 pm

motiontodismiss wrote:Is it possible people get more wrong on the old LR sections because they do them first? By the time they get to PT50+ most people are in their final stages. I don't know about the newer LR because I haven't taken anything above 26 yet but the difficulty doesn't seem to change much.

Yes, your theory has merit. It is normal to get more questions wrong in the earlier stages of prep since you haven't learned and mastered all the stuff yet. Consequently, no matter whether you take older or newer tests, your PT scores will be lower in the earlier stages as you are learning and trying to master all the concepts, strategies, techniques, question types, game types, etc. The more you have learned and after more practice and review your score should improve as your LSAT skills improve.

Sandro

Postby Sandro » Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:12 pm

Jeffort wrote:
motiontodismiss wrote:Is it possible people get more wrong on the old LR sections because they do them first? By the time they get to PT50+ most people are in their final stages. I don't know about the newer LR because I haven't taken anything above 26 yet but the difficulty doesn't seem to change much.

Yes, your theory has merit. It is normal to get more questions wrong in the earlier stages of prep since you haven't learned and mastered all the stuff yet. Consequently, no matter whether you take older or newer tests, your PT scores will be lower in the earlier stages as you are learning and trying to master all the concepts, strategies, techniques, question types, game types, etc. The more you have learned and after more practice and review your score should improve as your LSAT skills improve.

I started off PTing on the earlier prep tests. Through the PTs 31-36 including SpA, i never once missed over 8 LR questions in a test, with an avg around 6. So it just marked me as strange during a PT in which I did awesome(for me) in LG and good in RC to miss over double my average of LR mistakes.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”