Loose Sequencing

whymeohgodno
Posts: 2508
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:15 pm

Loose Sequencing

Postby whymeohgodno » Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:34 pm

Do you guys use ">" or "<" as it recommends in powerscore or use "..." or "--"?

User avatar
LSAT Blog
Posts: 1262
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:24 pm

Re: Loose Sequencing

Postby LSAT Blog » Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:43 pm

I use the last one you mentioned (branch/tree). It's more flexible than the greater-than and less-than. I suppose the "..." is just as functional as the branch/tree. However, it takes longer to draw 3 dots than it does to draw a single straight line.

whymeohgodno
Posts: 2508
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:15 pm

Re: Loose Sequencing

Postby whymeohgodno » Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:25 pm

LSAT Blog wrote:I use the last one you mentioned (branch/tree). It's more flexible than the greater-than and less-than. I suppose the "..." is just as functional as the branch/tree. However, it takes longer to draw 3 dots than it does to draw a single straight line.


I use ">" but realized today that wouldn't just drawing a line be quicker and just as efficient?

But I'm not sure if I should change my methods after so much time...

User avatar
2014
Posts: 5831
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:53 pm

Re: Loose Sequencing

Postby 2014 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:27 pm

I use arrows because that's how we did it in the logic class I took however long ago and it just makes sense for me for "If Fred is in seat 1 then Nancy is in seat 7" to look like "F1 ----> N7"

Hedwig
Posts: 835
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:56 am

Re: Loose Sequencing

Postby Hedwig » Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:30 am

I'm not sure what you mean by loose sequencing. If it's a "J is lower numbered than K," I diagram that as J > K. If it's a if --> then thing. If J1, then K3, I diagram with an arrow. J1 --> K3.
I don't like the double not laws in powerscore. I mostly do slashes to represent can't be together laws.

vstraight
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:44 am

Re: Loose Sequencing

Postby vstraight » Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:31 am

eit wrote:I'm not sure what you mean by loose sequencing. If it's a "J is lower numbered than K," I diagram that as J > K. If it's a if --> then thing. If J1, then K3, I diagram with an arrow. J1 --> K3.
I don't like the double not laws in powerscore. I mostly do slashes to represent can't be together laws.


Is that avatar you? :shock:

User avatar
Pleasye
Posts: 7964
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:22 pm

Re: Loose Sequencing

Postby Pleasye » Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:44 am

vstraight wrote:
eit wrote:I'm not sure what you mean by loose sequencing. If it's a "J is lower numbered than K," I diagram that as J > K. If it's a if --> then thing. If J1, then K3, I diagram with an arrow. J1 --> K3.
I don't like the double not laws in powerscore. I mostly do slashes to represent can't be together laws.


Is that avatar you? :shock:


ah...I see you're going for douchebag of the night.

ETA: I use the straight line -- not the >

Hedwig
Posts: 835
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:56 am

Re: Loose Sequencing

Postby Hedwig » Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:54 am

vstraight wrote:
eit wrote:I'm not sure what you mean by loose sequencing. If it's a "J is lower numbered than K," I diagram that as J > K. If it's a if --> then thing. If J1, then K3, I diagram with an arrow. J1 --> K3.
I don't like the double not laws in powerscore. I mostly do slashes to represent can't be together laws.


Is that avatar you? :shock:


I don't know what it is about TLS and not being able to identify Blair Waldorf. Seriously. I think I've had like 4 PMs asking me who she is.

Kurst
Posts: 448
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:33 pm

Re: Loose Sequencing

Postby Kurst » Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:05 am

eit wrote:I don't know what it is about TLS and not being able to identify Blair Waldorf. Seriously. I think I've had like 4 PMs asking me who she is.

Your avatar more closely resembles a Facebook profile than a starlet. Given that you write in a flowery, bubbly way, it seems likely that the dudes that inquire are hoping that it is in fact you. Gossip Girl is not on their radar.

vstraight
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:44 am

Re: Loose Sequencing

Postby vstraight » Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:14 am

eit wrote:
vstraight wrote:
eit wrote:I'm not sure what you mean by loose sequencing. If it's a "J is lower numbered than K," I diagram that as J > K. If it's a if --> then thing. If J1, then K3, I diagram with an arrow. J1 --> K3.
I don't like the double not laws in powerscore. I mostly do slashes to represent can't be together laws.


Is that avatar you? :shock:


I don't know what it is about TLS and not being able to identify Blair Waldorf. Seriously. I think I've had like 4 PMs asking me who she is.


I was just about to PM you asking to exchange noodz. Ugh.

User avatar
dsb83
Posts: 153
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:57 pm

Re: Loose Sequencing

Postby dsb83 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:31 am

I use the A>B next to the rule and then draw a branch/tree diagram incorporating all the rules. Any rules that aren't connected I rewrite using the "A>B" next to the main diagram. The branch/tree helps me maintain the visualization and shift the different elements around in my head.

Hedwig
Posts: 835
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:56 am

Re: Loose Sequencing

Postby Hedwig » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:25 am

Kurst wrote:
eit wrote:I don't know what it is about TLS and not being able to identify Blair Waldorf. Seriously. I think I've had like 4 PMs asking me who she is.

Your avatar more closely resembles a Facebook profile than a starlet. Given that you write in a flowery, bubbly way, it seems likely that the dudes that inquire are hoping that it is in fact you. Gossip Girl is not on their radar.


LOL alright.

User avatar
gdane
Posts: 12386
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:41 pm

Re: Loose Sequencing

Postby gdane » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:28 am

eit wrote:
Kurst wrote:
eit wrote:I don't know what it is about TLS and not being able to identify Blair Waldorf. Seriously. I think I've had like 4 PMs asking me who she is.

Your avatar more closely resembles a Facebook profile than a starlet. Given that you write in a flowery, bubbly way, it seems likely that the dudes that inquire are hoping that it is in fact you. Gossip Girl is not on their radar.


LOL alright.


Hey, TLS cant identify the person in my avatar. Well, thats probably because he's a video game character as opposed to a real person, but still. All I know is that when you started posting and I saw that picture I had something to look forward to when I came on TLS. Also, your witty and smart posts. :mrgreen:

Hedwig
Posts: 835
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:56 am

Re: Loose Sequencing

Postby Hedwig » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:48 am

gdane5 wrote:
eit wrote:
Kurst wrote:
eit wrote:I don't know what it is about TLS and not being able to identify Blair Waldorf. Seriously. I think I've had like 4 PMs asking me who she is.

Your avatar more closely resembles a Facebook profile than a starlet. Given that you write in a flowery, bubbly way, it seems likely that the dudes that inquire are hoping that it is in fact you. Gossip Girl is not on their radar.


LOL alright.


Hey, TLS cant identify the person in my avatar. Well, thats probably because he's a video game character as opposed to a real person, but still. All I know is that when you started posting and I saw that picture I had something to look forward to when I came on TLS. Also, your witty and smart posts. :mrgreen:


We could identify the great dane, though...

And thanks, that's very sweet of you. Although you do know I don't actually look like Blair, right? Aside from the dark hair and headbands thing, lol.

User avatar
gdane
Posts: 12386
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:41 pm

Re: Loose Sequencing

Postby gdane » Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:09 am

Ok, well to not start any creepy internet flirting, Im sure youre very pretty. Youre a smart girl and thats attractive in itself. :mrgreen:

User avatar
Eugenie Danglars
Posts: 2353
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:04 pm

Re: Loose Sequencing

Postby Eugenie Danglars » Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:18 am

Talk about an unexpected turn in the thread...

;-)

User avatar
3|ink
Posts: 7331
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:23 pm

Re: Loose Sequencing

Postby 3|ink » Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:48 pm

gdane5 wrote:
eit wrote:
Kurst wrote:
eit wrote:I don't know what it is about TLS and not being able to identify Blair Waldorf. Seriously. I think I've had like 4 PMs asking me who she is.

Your avatar more closely resembles a Facebook profile than a starlet. Given that you write in a flowery, bubbly way, it seems likely that the dudes that inquire are hoping that it is in fact you. Gossip Girl is not on their radar.


LOL alright.


Hey, TLS cant identify the person in my avatar. Well, thats probably because he's a video game character as opposed to a real person, but still. All I know is that when you started posting and I saw that picture I had something to look forward to when I came on TLS. Also, your witty and smart posts. :mrgreen:


Is that Mario? How about that kid from Fable? Oh wait. It's from King of Hearts, right?

Edit: The guy in my avatar is the greatest character in the history of HBO.

Edit 2: Oh. And I use '>' because the variable on the left always comes before the variable on the right.

User avatar
gdane
Posts: 12386
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:41 pm

Re: Loose Sequencing

Postby gdane » Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:23 pm

Is that Mario? How about that kid from Fable? Oh wait. It's from King of Hearts, right?

Edit: The guy in my avatar is the greatest character in the history of HBO.

Edit 2: Oh. And I use '>' because the variable on the left always comes before the variable on the right.




Its Kingdom Hearts, not King of Hearts... :oops:

Also, the guy in your avatar looks like Uncle Stavros from Full House.
--ImageRemoved--

User avatar
Adjudicator
Posts: 1108
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:18 am

Re: Loose Sequencing

Postby Adjudicator » Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:35 pm

I had never even heard of Blair Waldorf until I PM'd eit about her avatar. Personally I thought it was pornstar Sasha Grey.

User avatar
Pleasye
Posts: 7964
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:22 pm

Re: Loose Sequencing

Postby Pleasye » Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:01 pm

Adjudicator wrote:I had never even heard of Blair Waldorf until I PM'd eit about her avatar. Personally I thought it was pornstar Sasha Grey.


Blair Waldorf does NOT look like Sasha Grey ew.

User avatar
3|ink
Posts: 7331
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:23 pm

Re: Loose Sequencing

Postby 3|ink » Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:18 pm

Adjudicator wrote:I had never even heard of Blair Waldorf until I PM'd eit about her avatar. Personally I thought it was pornstar Sasha Grey.


Who is Blair Waldorf? Who is Sasha Grey? Nevermind. I don't want to know anything more about Sasha Grey.

gdane5 wrote:Also, the guy in your avatar looks like Uncle Stavros from Full House.


It's Al Swearengen from Deadwood.

I figured it was King[dom] of Hearts. I remember seeing that character on the advertisements. I also saw a youtube video dedicated to that game.
Last edited by 3|ink on Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Pleasye
Posts: 7964
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:22 pm

Re: Loose Sequencing

Postby Pleasye » Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:20 pm

3|ink wrote:
Adjudicator wrote:I had never even heard of Blair Waldorf until I PM'd eit about her avatar. Personally I thought it was pornstar Sasha Grey.


Who is Blair Waldorf? Who is Sasha Grey? Nevermind. I don't want to know anything more about Sasha Grey.


Do you watch Entourage? Sasha Grey is Vince's new girlfriend (she's also a pornstar). Blair Waldorf is a character from Gossip Girl (Leighton Meester IRL).

User avatar
3|ink
Posts: 7331
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:23 pm

Re: Loose Sequencing

Postby 3|ink » Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:23 pm

LSpleaseee wrote:
3|ink wrote:
Adjudicator wrote:I had never even heard of Blair Waldorf until I PM'd eit about her avatar. Personally I thought it was pornstar Sasha Grey.


Who is Blair Waldorf? Who is Sasha Grey? Nevermind. I don't want to know anything more about Sasha Grey.


Do you watch Entourage? Sasha Grey is Vince's new girlfriend (she's also a pornstar). Blair Waldorf is a character from Gossip Girl (Leighton Meester IRL).


Gossip Girl? Is that show on WB or some other low-budget channel? If I'm going to waste my time watching TV, I'm going to watch something with high production values.

The only exception is Entourage. Bah. The only comedy I like is Seinfeld and old school Simpsons.

User avatar
DearCan
Posts: 302
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:13 am

Re: Loose Sequencing

Postby DearCan » Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:23 pm

So much for OP's week long ban.

User avatar
Adjudicator
Posts: 1108
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:18 am

Re: Loose Sequencing

Postby Adjudicator » Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:24 pm

LSpleaseee wrote:
Adjudicator wrote:I had never even heard of Blair Waldorf until I PM'd eit about her avatar. Personally I thought it was pornstar Sasha Grey.


Blair Waldorf does NOT look like Sasha Grey ew.


I agree. It was only that one particular picture where I saw a similarity. In reality, Sasha Grey is much more attractive than Blair Waldorf.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: jumpman0703, NavyNuke, sethnoorzad, wildquest8200 and 8 guests