Took a break...

ElvisAaron

Took a break...

Postby ElvisAaron » Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:12 pm

After a few 170+ in a row and some great strides in previously bad areas, I decided to take a break and let my brain rest. Took two days off, relaxed, came back for PT #56 and friggin bombed. Brain wasn't clicking,resorted to old flawed approaches, did the worst I've seen since early August (164!). Ouch! Wont be doing that again!

StrictlyLiable

Re: Took a break...

Postby StrictlyLiable » Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:14 pm

The last time I took a break I made my best improvements. I am currently on another break (I am taking in December) and I'm hoping the wall that I have been hitting will be overcome again...I'm sure the break did you some good. Maybe you should have warmed up a little before.

northwood

Postby northwood » Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:51 pm

i just got off a 3 day break from doing anything lsat related.( It was surprisingly more difficult NOT to do anything lsat related than i thought) took a prep test, and scored slightly below my current range, and 5 points below my target score. Most of the mistakes were from rushing to get the section done ( i didnthave a wristwatch, and thought there was less time remaining than expected). While i was not happpy with the scores, i did notice an improvement in my outlook.
I think a breather is a good idea. Im only planning on doing 2-3 more tests before october ( 58, 59, and 60). I will use the remaining days to go over weak areas and do timed sections ( 2-3 in a row) for review and to hone in on timing and pacing. If you think you need a break, do yourself a favor and take it ( i realized i was getting burned out and frustrated), especially if you see a polateau or decrease in your scores on prep tests.

almostthereee

Postby almostthereee » Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:56 pm

The hardest part for me when taking a break was combating the guilt. When I came back and took the PTs I had to fight my brain from thinking I had slipped due to the break and that in itself cause a slight dip in my score. Slowly regaining the comfort and starting to trust my instincts more again instead of second guessing myself all the time during the actual test.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”