Wrist splint during exam?

lsatextreme

Wrist splint during exam?

Postby lsatextreme » Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:12 pm

I have De Quervain's Tenosynovitis on my left wrist which requires me to wear a wrist splint at all times, and if it doesn't heal soon, possibly during the exam. Do I need some type of permission to wear one, in case they think i'm hiding something in my wrist splint? I know they don't allow hoodies so I didn't want to stroll in to the test center and have them tell me I have to leave it outside.

D. H2Oman

Re: Wrist splint during exam?

Postby D. H2Oman » Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:17 pm

they should think of a shorter name fo ryour disease me ....shit

lsatextreme

Postby lsatextreme » Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:21 pm

it took me about 10 tries to finally get the pronunciation of it right. Apparently it's named after some french doctor who discovered it.

should not have played played god of war 2 an entire weekend...fml

ResolutePear

Postby ResolutePear » Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:36 pm

D. H2Oman wrote:they should think of a shorter name fo ryour disease me ....shit

Call it the DQT's

Edit: Pronounced as: De-Cuties

Jack Smirks

Postby Jack Smirks » Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:39 pm

lsatextreme wrote:should not have played played god of war 2 an entire weekend...fml

QF fragility and weakness.

ResolutePear

Postby ResolutePear » Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:43 pm

naterj wrote:
lsatextreme wrote:should not have played played god of war 2 an entire weekend...fml

To be fair, it's only acceptable if you played on Titan mode.

Postby 2014 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:17 pm

A related question: Will they let you wear a jacket with pockets? I don't think I own just a normal sweatshirt...

Patriot1208

Postby Patriot1208 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:21 pm

ResolutePear wrote:
naterj wrote:

To be fair, it's only acceptable if you played on Titan mode.

Hopefully Halo: Reach doesn't do this to me.

3|ink

Postby 3|ink » Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:41 am

They should call it the Pee-Wee Herman disease.

lsatextreme

Postby lsatextreme » Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:58 am

lol it's my non dominant hand and i can't think of what else could have caused it.

So no one's got any ideas huh. I guess I'll give LSAC a ring on moday

JJDancer

Postby JJDancer » Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:13 pm

2014 wrote:A related question: Will they let you wear a jacket with pockets? I don't think I own just a normal sweatshirt...

You can wear anything as long as it doesn't have a hood.
If it has a hood, even if you keep the hood off, it could be a problem (they might tell you to leave it outside)

beachbum

Postby beachbum » Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:22 pm

naterj wrote:

+1. This is blowing my mind.

lsatextreme

Postby lsatextreme » Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:43 pm

so i called LSAC this morning, the guy says that it's up to the proctor on the day of the examination as to whether he'll allow it or not, and I guess the deadline for testing with accommodation passed already? Not like I would have been able to or wanted to anyways, I received the splint to wear from the doctor just over a week ago and I don't feel like getting flagged just for wearing a hand splint.

So I may potentially have a dick proctor who won't allow me to wear it, which sucks balls

Patriot1208

Postby Patriot1208 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:44 pm

lsatextreme wrote:so i called LSAC this morning, the guy says that it's up to the proctor on the day of the examination as to whether he'll allow it or not, and I guess the deadline for testing with accommodation passed already? Not like I would have been able to or wanted to anyways, I received the splint to wear from the doctor just over a week ago and I don't feel like getting flagged just for wearing a hand splint.

So I may potentially have a dick proctor who won't allow me to wear it, which sucks balls

Are you really not ok with not wearing the splint for a couple hours? I mean it's your non-writing hand and it is an injury caused by being on the computer.

ResolutePear

Postby ResolutePear » Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:48 pm

Patriot1208 wrote:
lsatextreme wrote:so i called LSAC this morning, the guy says that it's up to the proctor on the day of the examination as to whether he'll allow it or not, and I guess the deadline for testing with accommodation passed already? Not like I would have been able to or wanted to anyways, I received the splint to wear from the doctor just over a week ago and I don't feel like getting flagged just for wearing a hand splint.

Are you really not ok with not wearing the splint for a couple hours? I mean it's your non-writing hand and it is an injury caused by being on the computer.

Subtle TLS-addiction bashing.

lsatextreme

Postby lsatextreme » Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:49 pm

i mean worst comes worst, i'll have to do without it obviously, but i essentially have to worry about not subjecting the thumb to sudden force or movement because the tendons get misaligned and pop and it's a very uncomfortable feeling. It's the non dominant hand, sure, but it's either I take the entire test with one hand or I worry about using the other hand carefully to flip or hold the pages or what not

I'm fairly certain this isn't a computer injury, and the god of war reference was a complete guess on my part, I actually have no idea. Now that I think about it, it's pretty unlikely bc I've definitely spent many many more hours on MW2 than I did on one weekend of GoW2, but I digress

ResolutePear

Postby ResolutePear » Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:52 pm

lsatextreme wrote:i mean worst comes worst, i'll have to do without it obviously, but i essentially have to worry about not subjecting the thumb to sudden force or movement because the tendons get misaligned and pop and it's a very uncomfortable feeling. It's the non dominant hand, sure, but it's either I take the entire test with one hand or I worry about using the other hand carefully to flip or hold the pages or what not

I'm fairly certain this isn't a computer injury, and the god of war reference was a complete guess on my part, I actually have no idea. Now that I think about it, it's pretty unlikely bc I've definitely spent many many more hours on MW2 than I did on one weekend of GoW2, but I digress

Pump those combos, said the Kreatos worshiper.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”