Meltdown cannot get to 160 Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
ss27

New

Re: Meltdown cannot get to 160

Post by ss27 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:24 pm

Lokomani wrote:
ss27 wrote:Hi everyone OKAYISH news... i just scored a 159 (-3 on logic games) still doing worst in LR and doing baddish in RC. Somewhat good news is that 80% of what I got wrong were blanks I left.

In any case, I am definitely going to go over the ones I got wrong (as soon as time ran out on LG i knew instantaneously what i did wrong on each game and was really annoyed). But I do need a lot of work on logical reasoning 1,2,4, 5 type questions for people who understand testmaster's lingo.

You should probably not take the LSAT in October. Be realistic, if you're seeing this much headway after not improving for so long, it means things are just now clicking for you on some level. Imagine where you could be in a few months if you actually stayed dedicated to learning the material. Why are you so persistent in taking the Oct LSAT?

Because of rolling admissions. My chances are probably much higher even if I end up (hopefully) in the 160's. It all depends on the day before the exam and the aggregate of the tests i'll be taking for the next nine days (doing 2 a day and reviewing each a day) if i'm not 2-3 points ahead of where I want to be then i'll probably wait until December. Also, if I don't get accepted to where I want to get accepted to, I will probably retake the test in December and send in an addendum or reapply/petition.

Miracle

Silver

Post by Miracle » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:52 pm

ss27 wrote:
Lokomani wrote:
ss27 wrote:Hi everyone OKAYISH news... i just scored a 159 (-3 on logic games) still doing worst in LR and doing baddish in RC. Somewhat good news is that 80% of what I got wrong were blanks I left.

In any case, I am definitely going to go over the ones I got wrong (as soon as time ran out on LG i knew instantaneously what i did wrong on each game and was really annoyed). But I do need a lot of work on logical reasoning 1,2,4, 5 type questions for people who understand testmaster's lingo.

You should probably not take the LSAT in October. Be realistic, if you're seeing this much headway after not improving for so long, it means things are just now clicking for you on some level. Imagine where you could be in a few months if you actually stayed dedicated to learning the material. Why are you so persistent in taking the Oct LSAT?

Because of rolling admissions. My chances are probably much higher even if I end up (hopefully) in the 160's. It all depends on the day before the exam and the aggregate of the tests i'll be taking for the next nine days (doing 2 a day and reviewing each a day) if i'm not 2-3 points ahead of where I want to be then i'll probably wait until December. Also, if I don't get accepted to where I want to get accepted to, I will probably retake the test in December and send in an addendum or reapply/petition.
Good plan.

mst

Silver

Post by mst » Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:16 pm

Take it now and take it again in December and send your December score in as a supplement. No school in the 160-165 range averages. If you can get a 160 now, you're in decent shape for a t2 school in a worse case scenario... then you can get a 165 in December no pressure.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”