PT45: 174 (91) -0LG -1LR -3LR -4RC
PT46: 178 (96) -0LG -1LR -1LR -1RC
PT47: 172 (92) -0LG -2LR -4LR -2RC
PT48: 174 (96) -0LG -2LR -3LR -0RC
PT50: 175 (94) -0LG -0LR -1LR -5RC
PT51: 176 (94) -0LG -1LR -3LR -2RC

Today:
J07: 164 (84) -3LG -3LR -5LR -4RC

What in the hell is happening? It can't be burnout because I actually took it easier studying this week than I have in a long while.

This scares the SH!T out of me for the test in TWO weeks.
Last edited by Blindc1rca on Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

3|ink

Re: FML June 07

Postby 3|ink » Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:57 pm

The curve was not very forgiving and the RC seemed easier than it really was. They had a lot of trick questions in there.

Immediately after I took that PT, I thought I had scored in the 170s. Instead, I barely got a 170.

WTH is that avatar from?

Blindc1rca

Postby Blindc1rca » Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:02 pm

3|ink wrote:WTH is that avatar from?

it's me running across the worlds largest salt flat at 14,000 feet above sea level w00t w00t.

dude seriously though there have been other tests with unforgiving curves (see like 3 of my last 6) that i didn't do too poorly on. i don't know what the fuck happened with my LR and my LG. I think LG had a slight effect on the rest of the test since it was the first section and knowing that i had fucked up i was pissed off for the ensuing sections (granted the one that immediately followed was my experimental).

Faaaackkk my LIFE

beachbum

Postby beachbum » Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:02 pm

I received my lowest score in two months on the last PT I took before the real test. I ended up hitting my PT average on the nose. Don't worry too much about it.

Blindc1rca

Postby Blindc1rca » Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:05 pm

I still have 54-60 to take before D-Day. We'll see whats up. I don't know where I went wrong in the LR. It could be that I took like 3 days off any real LR studying (doing maybe 30 questions in those 3 days).

ocean

Postby ocean » Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:16 pm

Blindc1rca wrote:Prior to today, my last 6 PT's:

PT45: 174 (91) -0LG -1LR -3LR -4RC
PT46: 178 (96) -0LG -1LR -1LR -1RC
PT47: 172 (92) -0LG -2LR -4LR -2RC
PT48: 174 (96) -0LG -2LR -3LR -0RC
PT50: 175 (94) -0LG -0LR -1LR -5RC
PT51: 176 (94) -0LG -1LR -3LR -2RC

Today:
J07: 164 (84) -3LG -3LR -5LR -4RC

What in the hell is happening? It can't be burnout because I actually took it easier studying this week than I have in a long while.

This scares the SH!T out of me for the test in TWO weeks.

Thank you for ranting, i just finished scoring mine, went -1/-1/-2/-5, very very disheartening.

It's strange why the curve is only -8, the game is definitely not easy (the LGs in the 40s are absolutely shameful), the RC is brutal (not the passages but the questions, well, not even the questions, the answer choices) especially the third passage, the LR is average on the easy side but do have several tricky ones to have my respect. How in the hell the curve can be -8? i feel like the whole LSAT philosophy I have gradually developed is shaken by this curve.

Blindc1rca

Postby Blindc1rca » Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:22 pm

yea going back over it the LR really wasn't that hard. I don't know why I did so terribly on it. I'm gonna just stick with the hypothesis that it was rustiness, drill the hell out of LR today, and see how I do on 54 tomorrow. RC definitely was a trickster, and the LG... I don't know game 3 ate up too much of my time and game 4 was a type that I was just rusty on (I made one stupid, retrospectively obvious mistake in game 1, and missed 2 on game 4 because I was running out of time).

I had this fear that hitting LR too hard would make me incapable of absorbing information and therefore would cause me to waste time.... hence the 3 day break.... However I now think a bigger danger is not staying fresh on LRs by way of not drilling a sufficient amount on a consistent basis.

thanks guys, i still dont feel wonderful but i'm glad to see that i'm not the only one who struggled with this PT.

gdane

Postby gdane » Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:30 pm

Relax pussycat. Your other scores have been amazing. This test had a harsh curve and was not as easy as it seemed. I think I got a 78 raw, a score that I thought would get me a 162 or so, but I ended up getting a 158.

Just take it easy and keep working. Start working with the 50's if you havent done so.

Good luck!

Blindc1rca

Postby Blindc1rca » Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:01 pm

whew. just proved ^ to be a fluke. also just realized a recurring trend that will help me dictate my final 24 hours. :idea: all the PTs on which I've scored above 175 have been taken the day after a moderate-heavy LR drilling sesh. Another shared quality of these PTs is that the morning of, I've spent about 15 minutes going over any LR mistakes that I made on my recent PT. For this correlation I'm going to go ahead and plan to drill 50-75 LRQ's the night before the test, and go over any errors that night, as well as again in the morning over breakfast.

Here are my results for PT54 today:

177 (97) -1LR -0LR -0LG -3RC

I'd really like to figure out a way to save time on these damn RC sections. I am consistently down to the wire, and I always miss at least one of the final three questions.

ocean

Postby ocean » Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:11 pm

Blindc1rca wrote:whew. just proved ^ to be a fluke. also just realized a recurring trend that will help me dictate my final 24 hours. :idea: all the PTs on which I've scored above 175 have been taken the day after a moderate-heavy LR drilling sesh. Another shared quality of these PTs is that the morning of, I've spent about 15 minutes going over any LR mistakes that I made on my recent PT. For this correlation I'm going to go ahead and plan to drill 50-75 LRQ's the night before the test, and go over any errors that night, as well as again in the morning over breakfast.

Here are my results for PT54 today:

177 (97) -1LR -0LR -0LG -3RC

I'd really like to figure out a way to save time on these damn RC sections. I am consistently down to the wire, and I always miss at least one of the final three questions.

I am sure that was relieving. I went -5 on RC and -0 on all the rest combined on 54, needless to say, I am really really worried about RC now. Just downloaded the "most difficult LR questions" from Cambridge Lsat and hoping that will consolidate things in the next 12 days. I will repeatedly drill the RC sessions starting from the emergence of the comparative passages, hope that will help a little.

Blindc1rca

Postby Blindc1rca » Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:06 pm

ocean wrote:I am sure that was relieving. I went -5 on RC and -0 on all the rest combined on 54, needless to say, I am really really worried about RC now. Just downloaded the "most difficult LR questions" from Cambridge Lsat and hoping that will consolidate things in the next 12 days. I will repeatedly drill the RC sessions starting from the emergence of the comparative passages, hope that will help a little.

yup. I drilled the first 100 in Cambridge "Difficult LR" last night. lol there are certain questions in there that I've hit at least 4 or 5 times, mostly because I have Cambridge by type as well, and I have done every single flaw, method, assumption, must be true, parallel valid, and weaken question from 1-19 at least 3 times. That's a good idea on the RCs. I think I might do that next week. I find it unfathomable that people can finish with more than 3 minutes left over on RC. Maybe it's just me. Even on LR I usually only finish with like 3 minutes left over, and some people say they have 10 minutes! Ridiculous.

ocean

Postby ocean » Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:04 pm

Blindc1rca wrote:
ocean wrote:I am sure that was relieving. I went -5 on RC and -0 on all the rest combined on 54, needless to say, I am really really worried about RC now. Just downloaded the "most difficult LR questions" from Cambridge Lsat and hoping that will consolidate things in the next 12 days. I will repeatedly drill the RC sessions starting from the emergence of the comparative passages, hope that will help a little.

yup. I drilled the first 100 in Cambridge "Difficult LR" last night. lol there are certain questions in there that I've hit at least 4 or 5 times, mostly because I have Cambridge by type as well, and I have done every single flaw, method, assumption, must be true, parallel valid, and weaken question from 1-19 at least 3 times. That's a good idea on the RCs. I think I might do that next week. I find it unfathomable that people can finish with more than 3 minutes left over on RC. Maybe it's just me. Even on LR I usually only finish with like 3 minutes left over, and some people say they have 10 minutes! Ridiculous.

I think 3 minutes margin is good place to be with good combination of speed and enough attention devoted, and also give you some extra time to go back to that couple of uncertain ones (always a couple, always for me). I usually have 5 minutes left on LR, the occasional 7 or 8 minutes' margin is usually due to a very confident streak in the beginning.

Still, I worry about RC a lot, also the resurgence of LG difficulty and its abrupt approaching towards the most tricky period. The LG can mess everything up, I am drilling early LG and Kaplan 180 games over and over again as well. Damn, it feels like this thing can never be overprepared, reinforcement is always needed.

Blindc1rca

Postby Blindc1rca » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:06 pm

ocean wrote:I think 3 minutes margin is good place to be with good combination of speed and enough attention devoted, and also give you some extra time to go back to that couple of uncertain ones (always a couple, always for me). I usually have 5 minutes left on LR, the occasional 7 or 8 minutes' margin is usually due to a very confident streak in the beginning.

Still, I worry about RC a lot, also the resurgence of LG difficulty and its abrupt approaching towards the most tricky period. The LG can mess everything up, I am drilling early LG and Kaplan 180 games over and over again as well. Damn, it feels like this thing can never be overprepared, reinforcement is always needed.

Resurgence of LG difficulty? Is this what I have to look forward to in the late 50's PTs that I have coming up? Like a very notable step-up in difficulty, or just a little bit harder? I hope nothing like the Superpreps. Those kicked my ass.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”