Identifying difficult RC Passages

RFKScott

Identifying difficult RC Passages

Postby RFKScott » Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:37 pm

I took PT 53 today (Dec07) and completely bombed it. By far my worst section I have ever gotten. The 2nd passage was about English common law and it pretty much stymied me and basically caused me to bomb the final 2 passages as well. Any tips on initially avoiding a passage like this? or other tips in general?

Kurst

Re: Identifying difficult RC Passages

Postby Kurst » Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:49 pm

RFKScott wrote:I took PT 53 today (Dec07) and completely bombed it. By far my worst section I have ever gotten. The 2nd passage was about English common law and it pretty much stymied me and basically caused me to bomb the final 2 passages as well. Any tips on initially avoiding a passage like this? or other tips in general?

If you can answer no questions that accompany a passage which pretty much stymies you, skip the passage. For more helpful RC advice and tips, a thorough understanding of which will doubtless prevent a recurrence of your experience with the English common law passage, refer to the links in this post:

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=127185#p3370904

3|ink

Postby 3|ink » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:52 pm

I took the same section today. Good lord it was hard. I thought it was harder than any of the other RC sections I've taken since PT 49. I barely finished on time (1 minute to spare). I was expecting -5. Somehow, I got away with a -2. I'm attributing a lot of it to luck.

Anyway, the only way to assess the difficulty of an RC passage is to read it. If you don't get the jist of the passage after reading it, it's hard.

bartleby

Postby bartleby » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:19 pm

I still remember that passage. Any time I see "Common Law" I freeze up. There's another RC section with Common Law. I probably shouldn't go to law school.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”