Need for Speed

pennymore

Need for Speed

Postby pennymore » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:56 pm

Hi friends,

It's nearing the Oct. test and speed is a still an issue for me. I've hit the preptests and consistently get to 3 LGs and 3 RC passages. For LR, I usually get to #22 and run out of time. Does anyone have any suggestions for increasing speed w/o sacrificing accuracy? This late in the game, would it be more strategic to just finish 3 LGs, 3 RCs at a slower pace and just guess on the rest? Your thoughts would be much appreciated. Thanks!

DearCan

Re: Need for Speed

Postby DearCan » Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:15 pm

It sounds like you might be wasting precious time on difficult questions. Out of the questions you actually finish how many are you missing?

epark84

Postby epark84 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:31 pm

how's your accuracy in the questions that you complete? if your accuracy is high, then it would be good to try and stretch yourself a bit, and look for ways to speed up. In LR, save time early on by working through the first 10-15 Qs more quickly. In LG, I find that I save the most time by thoroughly understanding the rules up front, and identifying major inferences.

DearCan

Postby DearCan » Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:07 pm

epark84 wrote:how's your accuracy in the questions that you complete? if your accuracy is high, then it would be good to try and stretch yourself a bit, and look for ways to speed up. In LR, save time early on by working through the first 10-15 Qs more quickly. In LG, I find that I save the most time by thoroughly understanding the rules up front, and identifying major inferences.

That's good advice. Also, size up the games ahead of time. If you're particularly good at ordering games do that first. If you're bad at in/out games do that last. That way you don't waste precious time on a game that you risk missing question on, and you can be sure to get those extra points on the easy games.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”