Any predictions for LG section on Oct test?

e10

Any predictions for LG section on Oct test?

Postby e10 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:39 am

Not that you can ever really know, but what do people think may or may not show up on the LG in Oct? Do you think in/out games are done for a while since they were on Sept/Dec tests last year or is there a good chance they will reappear?

LSAT Blog

Re: Any predictions for LG section on Oct test?

Postby LSAT Blog » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:58 am

There's always a good chance they'll reappear. Like this video, In/Out games just never seem to get old.

gdane

Postby gdane » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:59 am

LSATBlog, I want to thank you for all the cool stuff on your website. Its really helped me improve my LR.

Youre the best!

niederbomb

Postby niederbomb » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:08 pm

What about the tests in Asia, the nondisclosed ones?

What pattern do they follow? Are they more like recent, disclosed LSAT's or more like LSAT's from years past, like the 90's?

Blindc1rca

Postby Blindc1rca » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:23 pm

I'm interested in hearing any anecdotal reports of LG types on experimental sections in recent tests.

Sandro

Postby Sandro » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:38 pm

zombo.com

e10

Postby e10 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:05 pm

when i took the dec 09 test i had a lg experimental section and it was actually really easy. i got excited bc I finished with some time left and felt really confident, then realized it probably was the experimental. I remember there was a game about tents or camping grounds.

3|ink

Postby 3|ink » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:22 pm

Conditional sequencing games. We're due for them.

hennenr

Postby hennenr » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:55 pm

Conditional sequencing? Can I get an example? (PT#?)

NonTradHealthLaw

Postby NonTradHealthLaw » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:59 pm

LSAT Blog has a discussion of conditional sequencing and other great tips.

http://lsatblog.blogspot.com/2009/05/logic-games-conditional-sequencing.html

3|ink

Postby 3|ink » Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:09 pm

NonTradHealthLaw wrote:LSAT Blog has a discussion of conditional sequencing and other great tips.

http://lsatblog.blogspot.com/2009/05/logic-games-conditional-sequencing.html

This is helpful, but I feel that the best strategy for these game types is to draw out as much as you can and keep a watchful eye for those sufficient conditions and when they are triggered. The game from PT 51 had very limited possibilities. The game from 53 is a bit harder imo.

gdane

Postby gdane » Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:16 pm

Well, no logic game could be worse than the Lil Wayne question that was on the February test. Man, that one was tough...

Blumpbeef

Postby Blumpbeef » Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:28 pm

gdane5 wrote:LSATBlog, I want to thank you for all the cool stuff on your website. Its really helped me improve my LR.

Youre the best!

Ya, wow, really nice stuff there.

In/Out game is here http://lsatblog.blogspot.com/2009/12/lo ... orest.html

I remember doing this game a couple of days ago using what I guess is the Kaplan method of diagramming and contrapositiving and combining. I never really got the hang of using double not arrows, and the set up the way I did it was extremely time consuming. I'm going to try redoing the bird game your way.

"If F, then not G" means "at most one of F/G" (is this where you would diagram with "F double not G"?)

"If not F, then G" means "at least one, possibly both, of F/G"

Is that right?

MissLucky

Postby MissLucky » Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:45 pm

gdane5 wrote:Well, no logic game could be worse than the Lil Wayne question that was on the February test. Man, that one was tough...

haha i wish this was real. is it real? lol

MissLucky

Postby MissLucky » Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:48 pm

LSAT Blog wrote:There's always a good chance they'll reappear. Like this video, In/Out games just never seem to get old.

i LOVE in/out games. hoping for at least one...

gdane

Postby gdane » Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:49 pm

MissLucky wrote:
gdane5 wrote:Well, no logic game could be worse than the Lil Wayne question that was on the February test. Man, that one was tough...

Oh yes. Its very real. LSAC will do anything to throw people off. It seems like they've started citing popular culture on their tests...

MissLucky

Postby MissLucky » Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:51 pm

gdane5 wrote:
MissLucky wrote:

Oh yes. Its very real. LSAC will do anything to throw people off. It seems like they've started citing popular culture on their tests...

are you serious? that is extremely hard to believe...but wow....and it was difficult to boot?

MissLucky

Postby MissLucky » Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:52 pm

also, i'm hoping the LG this time around constitute "the relatively easy" (or at least not particularly hard) section since the june '10 test takers with the experimental LG seemed to think it was a breeze.

gdane

Postby gdane » Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:54 pm

MissLucky wrote:
gdane5 wrote:
MissLucky wrote:

are you serious? that is extremely hard to believe...but wow....and it was difficult to boot?

You'll see...

MissLucky

Postby MissLucky » Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:56 pm

gdane5 wrote:
You'll see...

:shock:

jarofsoup

Postby jarofsoup » Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:57 pm

Mulch was hard on June's test, I dont think the style will be repeated for a while.

Definitly a hybrid sequencing, and something like mulch, or dinos that doesn't really plug and chug very well.

Pleasye

Postby Pleasye » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:08 pm

MissLucky wrote:
LSAT Blog wrote:There's always a good chance they'll reappear. Like this video, In/Out games just never seem to get old.

i LOVE in/out games. hoping for at least one...

+1 pleaseee in/out!

DrackedaryMaster

Postby DrackedaryMaster » Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:34 pm

My PT50 experimental was the real PT54 LG. Strangely, according to my bubble sheet from PT50, I had 19 of 23 right, but on the exact same section in June 08, I managed gulp 10/23. Can you say major choke? (You can flame me later for having two atrocious scores and not canceling).

That being said, my PT54 experiental was one of the LR sections of PT59 (the one with the QWERTY question). If you look back at the June 2008 thread, you will read about many people who were terrified of an unusually difficult LR section that they prayed was experimental, with the QWERTY and Moths questions causing great stress). Luckily it was (though it didn't help me at the time).

There appears to be some TLS talk about PT60's LG section showing up as an experimental in Dec 2009.

Makes me wonder if, by searching the TLS threads of those who took PTs 55-59 and reading about the kinds of experimental sections they have, if a crude way of piecing together the sections/type of difficulty to be faced on PT61 can be estimated.

LG is probably the easiest to figure out because most people appear to remember them, especially the ones with two LG sections. Tents/Campground has been mentioned, and I'm sure there are others. Of course, this assumes (without providing any justification) that February/Sabbath tests are independent of the PTs and maintain experiementals exclusively to the non-disclosed tests.

Kurst

Postby Kurst » Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:07 pm

LSAC seems quite fond of Lil Wayne, for according to gdane the New Orleans rapper has appeared in both the logical reasoning section of December 2009 and the logic games section of February 2010. Strangely, only Anaconda, 3|ink, and MissLucky are privy to this information.

MissLucky

Postby MissLucky » Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:22 am

Kurst wrote:LSAC seems quite fond of Lil Wayne, for according to gdane the New Orleans rapper has appeared in both the logical reasoning section of December 2009 and the logic games section of February 2010. Strangely, only Anaconda, 3|ink, and MissLucky are privy to this information.

haha now that I see gdane's other activity, he's clearly flaming.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”