Cambridge LSAT Difficult LR Questions Packet Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
RFKScott

New

Cambridge LSAT Difficult LR Questions Packet

Post by RFKScott » Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:08 pm

Anyone see any solid improvements in their LR scores after drilling this? Also, does it provide explanations or anything?

LSAT Blog

Silver

Re: Cambridge LSAT Difficult LR Questions Packet

Post by LSAT Blog » Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:22 pm

It doesn't come with any explanations, just difficult LR questions in chronological order,

Sandro

Gold

Post by Sandro » Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:23 pm

anyone who has it (and saved it as PDFs) interested in trading for Cambridge LG by type or their LG guide? :?:

Anaconda

Silver

Post by Anaconda » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:22 pm

Sandro777 wrote:anyone who has it (and saved it as PDFs) interested in trading for Cambridge LG by type or their LG guide? :?:
Pretty sure you can't do this or request it on TLS

Sandro

Gold

Post by Sandro » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:59 pm

Yea I went ahead and bought it yesterday.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Hedwig

Silver

Post by Hedwig » Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:37 pm

I've been considering purchasing this as part of my last line of prepping - does it include questions all the way from PT 60? I want to keep those scores as uninfluenced as possible, i.e. I don't want to see any questions from them before I take them. I've still got 56-60 left to take as full tests. I suppose I could always do this on the Thursday after my final PT Wednesday...

aesis

Bronze

Post by aesis » Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:44 pm

eit wrote:I've been considering purchasing this as part of my last line of prepping - does it include questions all the way from PT 60? I want to keep those scores as uninfluenced as possible, i.e. I don't want to see any questions from them before I take them. I've still got 56-60 left to take as full tests. I suppose I could always do this on the Thursday after my final PT Wednesday...
Includes questions only up to PT 38. :)

Sandro

Gold

Post by Sandro » Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:50 pm

I think its a useful source, even though some questions are awfully confusingly worded, it has a lot of very early PTs that I dont have nor will I be buying (pt 1, for example). So its new material and some of it is pretty hard. Good for warmups etc.

Hedwig

Silver

Post by Hedwig » Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:12 pm

I can't seem to find it on Cambridge LSAT, does anyone have a link to where it is? Or know if it's under type/section, etc? I'm planning on including it in my prepping activities but now can't find it to download, lol.

And thanks for the details about the number it goes up to, definitely helpful.

LOL nevermind, it turns out there was a page 2 I wasn't clicking on.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Platinum

Post by 2014 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:37 pm

I have it but am only through 50 of the 410 questions.
So far in making 2 25 question sections out of it I have missed 10 on each, whereas on PTs I miss 2-3 on any given LR section, so the questions are definitely trickier and I believe that if you get comfortable with them, your scores will improve.

If you are scoring 170+ and trying to break through to a higher score I would recommend it. Many people in that category don't necessarily need the explanations, they can figure it out by themselves after seeing what is correct.

Blumpbeef

Gold

Post by Blumpbeef » Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:29 pm

I downloaded their LSAT score spreadsheet and it is really cool, it tells you which types of problems you miss(and, of course, has a link to buy the appropriate study pack). I'm missing 50% of Necessary Assumption questions and 66% of Difficult questions, as well as a handful of Parallel Reasoning ones.

If you want it,
We're in the process of uploading our brand-new spreadsheet. In the meantime, if you'd like a copy, send an e-mail to info@cambridgelsat.com and let us know which version of Excel you are using.
I'm going to buy this pack to try and get a handle on the Difficults and I'll reread the bible on Parallel/Assumption. Of course, it feels like a wasted effort to get -0 on LR when I am getting such dismal RC and LG scores...

FlanAl

Silver

Post by FlanAl » Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:00 pm

sorry if i'm hijacking but did anyone get the LR volume 2 just all the questions book? If so how are you drilling it? I try to do each question by type but by the time i get to the most difficult ones instead of feeling confident i feel burnt out and don't do that well. I did both parallel sections (71 questions) and missed 13. Should I be doing better this close to the test?

xqhp82

Bronze

Post by xqhp82 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:35 am

man, starting the Difficult LR Questions packet definitely destroyed my self-esteem...I've done all the questions previously, about 2 months ago or so, and still getting a sh*t load of questions wrong.......obviously I haven't grasped the concepts. I was getting about 40% wrong when timed, but now i'm starting to do the questions untimed, it's getting much better (about 20-25% wrong). i hope by the time i finish the packet and redo my wrong questions I'll be much better.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

jdhopeful11

Bronze

Post by jdhopeful11 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:49 am

dhrizek wrote:I'm missing 50% of Necessary Assumption questions and 66% of Difficult questions, as well as a handful of Parallel Reasoning ones.
LOL :!: dumbass :!:

vanwinkle

Platinum

Post by vanwinkle » Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:24 am

jdhopeful11 wrote:
dhrizek wrote:I'm missing 50% of Necessary Assumption questions and 66% of Difficult questions, as well as a handful of Parallel Reasoning ones.
LOL :!: dumbass :!:
"LOL dumbass" is not an appropriate response to someone's practice performance. Please remember that when you're back from your timeout.

Anaconda

Silver

Post by Anaconda » Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:15 am

Are you using the negation test (basically a must for LR questions after #14 on a PT). You should probably be getting 75% of these right if you do, the key is remembering to use the negation test!

Nec. Assumption questions are basically a hard version of must be true questions - I feel approaching them in terms of what must be true rather than what CAN be true is helpful. If an answer can be false and the stimulus/conclusion still stands, that answer choice is wrong.
dhrizek wrote:I downloaded their LSAT score spreadsheet and it is really cool, it tells you which types of problems you miss(and, of course, has a link to buy the appropriate study pack). I'm missing 50% of Necessary Assumption questions and 66% of Difficult questions, as well as a handful of Parallel Reasoning ones.

vstraight

New

Post by vstraight » Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:26 am

Anaconda wrote:Are you using the negation test (basically a must for LR questions after #14 on a PT). You should probably be getting 75% of these right if you do, the key is remembering to use the negation test!

Nec. Assumption questions are basically a hard version of must be true questions - I feel approaching them in terms of what must be true rather than what CAN be true is helpful. If an answer can be false and the stimulus/conclusion still stands, that answer choice is wrong.
dhrizek wrote:I downloaded their LSAT score spreadsheet and it is really cool, it tells you which types of problems you miss(and, of course, has a link to buy the appropriate study pack). I'm missing 50% of Necessary Assumption questions and 66% of Difficult questions, as well as a handful of Parallel Reasoning ones.
Negation test? Explain this in detail pls

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anaconda

Silver

Post by Anaconda » Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:39 am

Negate the answer choice. If it destroys/seriously damages the conclusion, it's the right answer choice. If negating it leaves the conclusion standing untouched, it's wrong.
vstraight wrote:
Anaconda wrote:Are you using the negation test (basically a must for LR questions after #14 on a PT). You should probably be getting 75% of these right if you do, the key is remembering to use the negation test!

Negation test? Explain this in detail pls

Blumpbeef

Gold

Post by Blumpbeef » Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:49 am

Take an answer choice and negate it. If the negated answer choice makes the conclusion illogical, then it is the correct answer.

I have been using the method more and my numbers are improving. In PT 54 I got 6/7 correct, and the one I missed was a careless mistake (It was #2, right after the frustrating RC section).

I have been working through the LRs. I did the first 50 problems in sets of 25, and in both cases I got 21/25. Not bad, but I'm hoping to improve. I did the first set in 33 minutes and the second set in 40. Again, I'd like to keep it under 35, but 40min is definitely compatible with getting the section finished on time if you can do the first few problems more quickly. I feel that now when I work on a PT I no longer freak out on parallel reasoning questions, because I'm not so worried about time anymore and I can actually diagram it.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”