OCTOBER test takers in MIAMI? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
JJDancer

Gold

OCTOBER test takers in MIAMI?

Post by JJDancer » Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:01 am

Just wondering if anyone would want to take some PTs this/next week at a testing center (FIU/UM/St Thomas) or get together in a group to run through "real" testing conditions?

I did this last year but I was in college and in DC so finding people/a place wasn't hard.

JJDancer

Gold

Re: OCTOBER test takers in MIAMI?

Post by JJDancer » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:22 pm

bump.

gdane

Diamond

Post by gdane » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:01 am

Im in Miami, but unfortunately cant make it out anywhere. Ive gotten into a rhythm of taking PT's at home.

If you want to take tests in a quiet setting with a lot of people go to the 6th floor of FIU's library. Its nice because its quiet and there tend to be people around. Lots of page flipping and coughs, but still quiet. Very similar to LSAT conditions.

egeffin

New

Post by egeffin » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:53 am

Im in Miami, North Miami Beach / Aventura

nodummy

Bronze

Post by nodummy » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:54 am

Any of you know the testing conditions at Florida Memorial University? All the other places were booked by the time I signed up and I have no idea what to expect here

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

egeffin

New

Post by egeffin » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:04 pm

nodummy wrote:Any of you know the testing conditions at Florida Memorial University? All the other places were booked by the time I signed up and I have no idea what to expect here
Yeah, I had to do the same, but I have no idea what its like there

nodummy

Bronze

Post by nodummy » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:06 pm

egeffin wrote:
nodummy wrote:Any of you know the testing conditions at Florida Memorial University? All the other places were booked by the time I signed up and I have no idea what to expect here
I called the testing center and a woman told me they use auditorium style desks...like the small ones that flip up. This can't be right...right? How can we squeeze pencils, watch, or even just the answer sheet/book on a little flip top?

egeffin

New

Post by egeffin » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:08 pm

nodummy wrote:
egeffin wrote:
I called the testing center and a woman told me they use auditorium style desks...like the small ones that flip up. This can't be right...right? How can we squeeze pencils, watch, or even just the answer sheet/book on a little flip top?
That sounds terrible

JJDancer

Gold

Post by JJDancer » Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:21 pm

OP here: I decided to just take PTs at UM Law Library and its quiet but has people.
I guess I'm more disciplined than I thought because I stuck to the time limits etc and it worked out fine so I'll just keep doing that.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

JJDancer

Gold

Post by JJDancer » Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:22 pm

nodummy wrote:
egeffin wrote:
That sucks. It very well could be the case though.

JJDancer

Gold

Post by JJDancer » Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:23 pm

Anyone know about St. Thomas testing conditions?

UM: divide into different large classrooms (the high techish ones with stadium like tiered seating. The desk is one long slab. You sit spaced by 1.

BCC: divide into small classrooms with shorter slabs of desktop. 2 people per desk.

More competent proctors at UM.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”