Stuck and Concerned

Stuck and Concerned

Postby Icculus » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:18 pm

I took the LSAT back in February and scored a 165 after PT'ing at the 160-162 level. I decided to retake b/c of a low GPA. Read the bibles, improved my LG, and am now stuck PT'ing at 168-169 over the last 7 PT I have taken. (Average -4 RC, -5 LR, -3 LG). Because of my work schedule I can only take PT starting around 7 or 8 at night after teaching a full day, sitting through at least two meetings, and then often tutoring SAT students. When I review the tests I clearly see my mistakes and how I made them. I think my issue is by the time I sit down to test I am already exhausted and making careless/tired mistakes. Has this happened to anyone else? Is it insane to think that taking the test first thing in the morning may actually help me, even though everyone says to expect a test day drop? I considered skipping the test for December, but I think I can break 170 by October. Does anyone have any suggestions? Also, weekends are about the same. Tend to tutor most weekends, and b/c the SAT is the 9th I have been pretty busy lately.

Re: Stuck and Concerned

Postby neonx » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:23 pm

I always do better taking tests in the morning. Try to stimulate the 8:30 testing conditions as often as possible between now and October 9.

Re: Stuck and Concerned

Postby northwood » Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:54 pm

Im in the same boat as you. I took the test in the am, and did much better. Didnt make any dumb mistakes. Starting off taking the test exhausted hurts ( especially the RC section). It will however, give you a good idea of what to expect on the 5th section of the test.

you;ll be fine. Just make sure to be fully rested the day of the exam

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”