Losing hope...

Patriot1208

Re: Losing hope...

Postby Patriot1208 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:17 pm

gdane5 wrote:The way you worded it, by saying "only 1 person above 3.7 and 168 was rejected" .

No

Patriot1208 wrote:Did you look at LSN? 1 person above a 3.7 and a 168 got rejected. Out of like 25 people.

This was a factual statement on LSN. Those numbers can be extrapolated to as near as an Auto Admit as you can based on last years data. Unless of course there is another bump in medians.

FlanAl

Postby FlanAl » Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:23 pm

whymeohgodno wrote:
Patriot1208 wrote:What is your average since you actually had everything down? I found that sometimes I missed questions that I have seen before because I try to remember them instead of actually doing them so it usually doesn't help. Also, a 168 will get you into Cornell probably, maybe even a 167.

I doubt it. And I would say average would be around a 169-170 since I first hit 170.

My softs are really weak. I'm expecting a WL with a 168. A 169 should hopefully get me in...but too many horror stories about how almost everyone drops a few points on the real thing.

Yeah I don't know about you but I definitely get bored halfway through a PT. Although it can't account for my scores 100% I definitely think its bringing me down. I'll get bored think about what I'm going to have for lunch or what I'm going to study later etc. On test day I won't be bored and therefore will be less careless. There are a few posters on here for whom that was the case.

neonx

Postby neonx » Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:09 pm

Don't get discouraged! You're doing great.

Personally, I am going through some of the same emotional turmoil and am terrified of the big drop on the real test. I am sure we are not alone.

I would advise just taking the last 2 or 3 days before the test to relax and keep your mind stress-free. As long as you remember to breathe and realize that you've done everything you can to prepare for this test, you'll be fine.

Good-luck!

whymeohgodno

Postby whymeohgodno » Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:00 am

Patriot1208 wrote:
gdane5 wrote:The way you worded it, by saying "only 1 person above 3.7 and 168 was rejected" .

No

Patriot1208 wrote:Did you look at LSN? 1 person above a 3.7 and a 168 got rejected. Out of like 25 people.

This was a factual statement on LSN. Those numbers can be extrapolated to as near as an Auto Admit as you can based on last years data. Unless of course there is another bump in medians.

1 point bump on the LSAT median and like a .8 gpa bump I believe

Patriot1208

Postby Patriot1208 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:59 am

whymeohgodno wrote:
Patriot1208 wrote:

No

1 point bump on the LSAT median and like a .8 gpa bump I believe

Yes, but those were the admits that lead to the bump in medians. If there is another bump this cycle then it may not be as likely you'd get in. But unless there is another bump (I really doubt it for the LSAT anyways) then you should be fine.

Postby 2014 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:06 am

rso11 wrote:
2014 wrote:Cambridge LSAT sells a PDF of 410 of the hardest LR questions. You probably have seen some of them, but it's probably worth the 18 bucks or whatever for you. Your RC score is not going to improve much by any amount of preparation between now and the test, your LG looks like it's solid already, so do what you can to minimize how many you miss on LR and hopefully on test day you are looking at a -5 RC, -0 LG, -1-2 LR for a 172-174. That would be my suggestion at least.

Does this book have explanations or just the answers?

Unfortunately just answers. It labels what PTs they came from though so most answers can be found with some searching on the atlas forums, these forums, or elsewhere for example.
I believe that they are helping me though. I miss around 2 on each LR section and making 25 questions out of these "hard" ones I am missing more like 8-10, so they definitely are more challenging and worth the time. Having no explanations is of course a major downside though.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”