February '11 test takers?

dallasag12

February '11 test takers?

Postby dallasag12 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:20 am

I understand this is probably bad timing with upcoming LSAT so close. I'm taking the February '11 LSAT and am planning on applying in the Fall of 2011. Are there any others doing the same?

My diagnostic score is a 160, and I'm a little overwhelmed with starting my studying. I've got the LGB, LRB, RCB and most practice tests. What's the best way to really dive into the LGB? I can't decide if I should read a chapter first then do the corresponding questions from PT's and also, how to decide which PT's to take sections from and which to save for the end. I've seen pithypike's and NYC blog schedules but need to finally commit to a schedule. Thanks for any suggestions.

xyzzzzzzzz

Re: February '11 test takers?

Postby xyzzzzzzzz » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:45 am

dallasag12 wrote:I understand this is probably bad timing with upcoming LSAT so close. I'm taking the February '11 LSAT and am planning on applying in the Fall of 2011. Are there any others doing the same?

My diagnostic score is a 160, and I'm a little overwhelmed with starting my studying. I've got the LGB, LRB, RCB and most practice tests. What's the best way to really dive into the LGB? I can't decide if I should read a chapter first then do the corresponding questions from PT's and also, how to decide which PT's to take sections from and which to save for the end. I've seen pithypike's and NYC blog schedules but need to finally commit to a schedule. Thanks for any suggestions.

Taking in feb. too. But I probably won't be applying until a year or two later, maybe 3.

Drummingreg

Postby Drummingreg » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:09 am

xyzzzzzzzz wrote:Taking in feb. too. But I probably won't be applying until a year or two later, maybe 3.

Same...exactly the same.Class of 2014!!! or 2015 or 2016!!!

xyzzzzzzzz

Postby xyzzzzzzzz » Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:32 pm

Drummingreg wrote:
xyzzzzzzzz wrote:Taking in feb. too. But I probably won't be applying until a year or two later, maybe 3.

yeah I am easily looking at class of 2016 or 2017. What are you doing until then or are you in ug still?

Drummingreg

Postby Drummingreg » Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:08 am

xyzzzzzzzz wrote:
Drummingreg wrote:

yeah I am easily looking at class of 2016 or 2017. What are you doing until then or are you in ug still?

I graduate in Dec then I'm taking time off for the Military for a few years. You?

justadude55

Postby justadude55 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:14 am

dallasag12 wrote:I understand this is probably bad timing with upcoming LSAT so close. I'm taking the February '11 LSAT and am planning on applying in the Fall of 2011. Are there any others doing the same?

160 is a great starting score.

The best way to dive into the Logic Game bible is to read it, do all the exercises in it as you go and then practice on full sections.

You might want to reread it after you break into the mid 160s, because you'll get things out of it you would not have when you were at an even 160.

By the time you get into the 170s, pending LG not being your weakest link, the material will all be pretty obvious, but still pretty impressive as to how adept they are at simplifying information that confounds most of educated America.

xyzzzzzzzz

Postby xyzzzzzzzz » Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:54 am

Drummingreg wrote:
xyzzzzzzzz wrote:
Drummingreg wrote:

I graduate in Dec then I'm taking time off for the Military for a few years. You?

Peace corps, and then maybe a gap year to get back into the swing of being in the u.s.
edit- i graduate in dec. too!!

dallasag12

Postby dallasag12 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:25 am

justadude55 wrote:

The best way to dive into the Logic Game bible is to read it, do all the exercises in it as you go and then practice on full sections.

You might want to reread it after you break into the mid 160s, because you'll get things out of it you would not have when you were at an even 160.

By the time you get into the 170s, pending LG not being your weakest link, the material will all be pretty obvious, but still pretty impressive as to how adept they are at simplifying information that confounds most of educated America.

Thanks!

As for any Feb test takers, have y'all started to study yet?

maniac0788

Postby maniac0788 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:54 pm

I'm taking the lsat in feb '11 as well and plan on applying for fall 2011. I'm taking a powerscore full length course this month and than will continue to self prep untill exam day.

LSAT Blog

Postby LSAT Blog » Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:14 pm

dallasag12 wrote:
justadude55 wrote:

Thanks!

Check out the 5-month study schedule for some ideas on how you might want to structure your studying, along with some book recommendations.

And yes, re-reading materials and redoing Logic Games is key to getting a deeper understanding of them. Convincing yourself this stuff is fun can help - A LOT :)

Drummingreg

Postby Drummingreg » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:03 pm

xyzzzzzzzz wrote:Peace corps, and then maybe a gap year to get back into the swing of being in the u.s.
edit- i graduate in dec. too!!

Nice, well good luck in Feb! Maybe we'll end up at the same LS. haha

mbbaccg

Postby mbbaccg » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:24 pm

I am taking the Feb LSAT and applying for fall 2011 as well... this will be my second time taking the test. I did not study / practice the first time and was not happy with my score. This round, I am doing the practice tests, since that is what seems to be the most effective for everyone else.. The biggest problem is timing. Anyone could get the right answer if they sit there are read long enough. :-) Where are you going to take it?

DarkPhantom

Postby DarkPhantom » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:47 pm

+1 OP - I'll be done w/ both the LGB and LRB in hopefully 7-10 days with maybe a PT in between. I might have to review a bit of RC but I don't know if I need to buy the RCB....

vissidarte27

Postby vissidarte27 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:53 pm

dallasag12 wrote:
Thanks!

Started studying in October/November. Working my way through the 50s PTs at the moment. There's an "official" thread around here somewhere with a bunch of Feb '11 peeps hanging out and talking about the test.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”