"fully determined" & "exactly one possible order" LG Q types

MissLucky

"fully determined" & "exactly one possible order" LG Q types

Postby MissLucky » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:14 pm

Took PT 59 today and couldn't help but notice that three times (Game 2 #8, Game 3 #13 and Game 4 #19) it asked this sort of relatively time consuming question. Examples:

#8: "Where each photograph is hung is fully determined if which one of the following is true?"

#13: "Which courses Alicia takes is fully determined if she takes Russian and which one of the following?"

#19: "There is exactly one possible order in which the cities are used if which one of the following is true?"

Is there some sort of efficient way to attack these question types that are popping up with increasing frequency (aside from having to test each answer choice out)?

The best idea I've come up with is to first eyeball the answer choices and try and pick the answer choice that is most restricting (but that is not too effective when most of the variables have the same level of restrictiveness generally).

The main pattern I picked up on in this case was that the answers to #8 and #19 (both sequencing/linear games) were variables that were adjacent to some other variable (but then again, there was another pair of adjacent variables in Game 2 so I don't see how that technique could have helped much in isolating the answer).

Let us know if you have some magic time-saving technique on these, please! :)

Thanks!

whymeohgodno

Re: "fully determined" & "exactly one possible order" LG Q types

Postby whymeohgodno » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:17 pm

I hate these question types also.

What I generally do is what you said. Look for a variable that is the most restricting. A variable that triggers a lot of other variables or rules.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”