Starting to Prep LR or LG First???

thouse

Starting to Prep LR or LG First???

Postby thouse » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:13 am

Which one should I focus on first, I am equally bad in both, but I know that LR is half the test so I was thinking maybe to focus on that area first..

PostHawk

Re: Starting to Prep LR or LG First???

Postby PostHawk » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:37 am

I would start with LR first. People say it's harder to improve on than LG.

sundance95

Postby sundance95 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:40 am

LR. Concepts in LR will appear in LG (e.g., sufficient/necessary and contrapositive), so its best if you get a strong handle on those before diving into games IMHO.

thouse

Postby thouse » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:45 am

This is along the same line I was thinking, how much time should I devote to it, I am trying to come up with a schedule. I am taking the December exam. The materials I have are:

Both Powerscore Bibles
The answers explained to prep test 29-38
Cambridge ordered by type for test 1-38 for LR, LG, and RC
then later I will purchase 39-60 to use to take full length preptest.
Nova's LSAT book (can't remember the name)
Superprep

northwood

Postby northwood » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:04 am

do whatever one you feel you need the most work on. I started off with LGB ( did the first half)- then went to LRB and did the first half, making sure to practice both kinds along the way. I then flip back and forth. For me it pays off, and i have gone from a - 16 to a - 5 average, with a sprinking of - 2s and better.
As for LR, ive managed to hit my targets, but for me not practicing every day causes me to forget the concepts fast... so i do at least one timed section of LR a day

2011Law

Postby 2011Law » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:14 am

I tried to prep on LG first, but got seriously intimidated by it and ended up barely studying. When I decided to start prepping for real I started with RC over LR cause I figured I'd do best there (I like to read dense academic stuff), though I soon found out LR was my best section, and have been consistently studying all sections since. So I guess my advice is to start with the section you think you will do best on so you don't get completely frustrated in the first few weeks of studying.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”