Logic Games

catsparka

Logic Games

Postby catsparka » Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:34 pm

I've been focusing on logic games for the past couple of months, and while I do see some improvement in my strategies, I still find myself running out of time sometimes and not being able to consistently perform well. Sometimes I miss little inferences that turn out to be the deciding factor of whether a game is easy or not, and I find that extremely frustrating. I think maybe it's also because I psych myself out when I read a game setup that I don't feel immediately comfortable with. For example, while doing the last game in Preptest C, I completely freaked out after reading the rules because I had no idea what to do, and ended up not being able to complete the section in time.

I do pretty well on the other sections, but I don't know why logic games continue to give me difficulty even after a couple of months of intensive studying. I've worked through the entire LGB (going through it again now) and have done the PR logic games workbook, the Kaplan Advanced book, the normal Kaplan LSAT book, all three of LSAC's Preptest books, and have now bought the PS LGB Workbook and a couple of the Grouped by Type logic games books.

If anyone has any advice as to how to get -0 on the logic games section, I'd really appreciate it if you'd share!

DreamShake

Re: Logic Games

Postby DreamShake » Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:57 pm

If you've already learned everything from the LGB, I would suggest taking untimed LG sections. I would start with the LG's in the 30's-40's, since those seem to be (relatively) easier. Once you get to 100% accuracy and feel like you're not hitting roadblocks anymore, then start timing yourself. Timing is secondary to accuracy when you're building up...eventually, you'll do enough games and build enough skill/confidence that you'll become more comfortable with time constraints. Just keep hammering away once you get back into timed sections...that's really the only way forward. HTH--it's basically what I did to move from -8 to -0 on LG, FWIW.

fosterp

Postby fosterp » Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:06 pm

Practice more. The older games are still useful for practice, but don't worry if you have some trouble, since the newer games are definitely easier.

m3taphysician

Postby m3taphysician » Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:16 pm

OP, when I started I barely got 50% of the LG questions correct. Over the last three months I have been consistently getting 75-80% correct....

BUT just yesterday I found everything clicked. I've done three complete LG sections since then and have gotten only one question wrong. It really is just a matter of time.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”