Confusion with a specific question stem- LG

sjlawand88

Confusion with a specific question stem- LG

Postby sjlawand88 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:51 pm

Would you please look at PT #43 Section 4- #18
Falafel can serve all- X,Y,Z. This is the answer I initially selected.
According to the answer- they only would like what it can serve at a given point in time... thus the answer is Y,Z.

Please read the question stem- "Which one of the following could be a complete and accurate list of each of the office buildings that the falafel truck serves?"

How does this question stem differ from the question stems asking you to indicate each possible truck that is served by Falafel?

This has been a problem I have had with LG- It says "complete and accurate list" thus, I interpret it as all the possible spaces. Rather, the question asks at a given point of time.....

Complete means ALL possible trucks?

Thanks in advance and good luck on LSAT!

suspicious android

Re: Confusion with a specific question stem- LG

Postby suspicious android » Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:46 pm

Which one of the following IS a list of things that COULD be selected? X, Y & Z. Here Y & Z wouldn't be a complete list, so it would be wrong.

Which one of the following COULD be a list of things that ARE selected? Y & Z, or Y & X (if I remember correctly). Here, X, Y & Z would not be an accurate list, so it would be wrong.

The first is a list of individual variables that could go, the second is an actual instance that could occur. Very tough wording.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”