LSAT and finals week

fosterp

LSAT and finals week

Postby fosterp » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:41 am

So I ended up caving under the pressure and decided to change my test date to december. In fact I would rather just postpone until next june or even october since I am just now starting my junior year in college, but canceling requires mailing in forms, and the deadline is tomorrow, so the easiest option was to just pay to change the test date. I devoted quite a bit of time the last two and a half months, using up pretty much all the material in the three 10PT books, and three of the newer PTs + all the superprep tests. Wasn't really satisfied with my performance thus far, PTing in the 166-172 range, when I absolutely need a score above 170. So what I have left are pretty much all the tests from 50-60, as well as the option of buying tests from 39-45.

One thing I am worried about though is my school load during studying. I'll have to divide my time appropriately, as well as working PT (10-15 hours a week). My finals are the week right after the LSAT as well. From my experience studying thus far though, I never really found it beneficial to bang my head against lsat material for more than 3-4 hours at a time, after which I just started to get aggravated with all of the reading of complex language all pertaining to different subjects.

Anyone done the december lsat during finals week with a good result? And how would you guys formulate a study plan at this point? I definitely have a solid grasp of the test. Perhaps just a good review of the bibles, redo most of the old LGs? Probably going to have plenty of reading to do for my classes. My supply of new RC and LGs are going to be severely limited, and those are the two sections that could use the most improving (rc in particular). LGs, at least on the newer ones, seemed to be fairly easy on the newer tests. Should I just continue redoing older sections to keep the concepts fresh in my mind? Or just space out remaining preptests, perhaps one per week (if I buy all the remaining ones left)?

St.Remy

Re: LSAT and finals week

Postby St.Remy » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:26 pm

You're asking way too many questions at the end of your post, so I'll just answer the first: I took the LSAT during finals week and I think that it added slightly to my stress but didn't hurt my performance.

hijodehombre

Postby hijodehombre » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:56 pm

This may not be what you want to hear, but I scheduled my entire quarter around the LSAT precisely because I am taking it in December. Is there any way you can reduce your quarter/semester load? Is it too late to shop around for easier classes or any way you can switch a class from 'grade' to 'pass/fail'? You could also try to talk your professor or your instructor into letting you take the final early. Good luck.

fosterp

Postby fosterp » Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:21 pm

hijodehombre wrote:This may not be what you want to hear, but I scheduled my entire quarter around the LSAT precisely because I am taking it in December. Is there any way you can reduce your quarter/semester load? Is it too late to shop around for easier classes or any way you can switch a class from 'grade' to 'pass/fail'? You could also try to talk your professor or your instructor into letting you take the final early. Good luck.

Unfortunately my financial aid requires me to be registered for a full credit load.

After thinking about it though I don't think it should be too much of a problem. While I will need to remember a lot of stuff for finals, the lsat isn't quite the same kind of test. My classes will be testing the knowledge learned, the lsat will be testing my skills learned. Given that I have prepped a lot already, I think it should be managable.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”