The Guinness Method: Road to 175

guinness

The Guinness Method: Road to 175

Postby guinness » Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:09 pm

I recently ran a marathon and was helped dramatically in my preparation by knowing exactly what I needed to do for training for 8 months. Since I just finished that, and my next task was the LSAT, I developed a 'training schedule' of my own for December!

I'm taking the Powerscore online course, so if you decide to follow this, then you need to replace the remaining month of September with Powerscore Bibles / practice questions. All in all, there are 24 full practice tests scheduled, 12 additional sections, and boatloads of HW (if you are using Powerscore's course material).

I mark days off in blue when I have completed them, days off in brown if I didn't meet my goals, and days in gold when I could have easily missed the day, but came through and got the studying done.

It should be pretty intuitive, but let me know if you have any questions.

For those of you that have succeeded on the LSATs, let me know how this study plan looks? I haven't done a full practice test yet (many hours on PW HW however) because I want to have a solid foundation before I see where I am at.

http://www.filedropper.com/copyofschedule

PS. Yes the Economist and WSJ are up there as reading every day. Yes I know this probably won't yield significant RC gains in 3 months, but I work full time at a very busy job and its the only thing I can do during lunch that I can feel positive about.

shifty_eyed

Re: The Guinness Method: Road to 175

Postby shifty_eyed » Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:15 pm

Wow, looks intense! I find I learn best by just taking preptests and reviewing answers. I took about 5 or 6 full preptests before my September 2009 LSAT plus extra logic games (my original weakness), and improved from a 165 cold to a 170. Now, I'm going for a 175+ in October, and I'm continuing to just review and take preptests. I'm basically studying 2-3 hours per day, 5 days a week. Unless you are having significant trouble with the RC section, I would leave off reading the WSJ and the Economist. However, RC has always been my easiest section, so perhaps that is not good advice, I don't know. It just seems not as worthwhile to me.

whymeohgodno

Postby whymeohgodno » Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:28 pm

Take a diagnostic. It always helps to know what your cold score would be. It also gives you a lot of motivation and you can feel good about yourself as you improve.

guinness

Postby guinness » Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:36 pm

I think I have my first "true diagnostic" in 2 weeks. I don't want to waste tests / need to focus on staying up with the homework for Powerscore for now.

shifty_eyed

Postby shifty_eyed » Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:37 pm

Of course it is your decision, but there are SO many preptests out there, that I wouldn't consider it a waste.

guinness

Postby guinness » Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:39 pm

I'm also on a nutrional supplement plan and have cut out drinking for the next three months. Think this is all enough?

shifty_eyed

Postby shifty_eyed » Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:40 pm

I'm drinking a beer right now.

guinness

Postby guinness » Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:44 pm

Haha the occassional beer is something I'm not giving up, but the binge weekend night...gone.

guinness

Postby guinness » Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:56 pm

It is called the Guinness method after all ;)

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”