Should I study on my own before taking Powerscore course?

jaydeesal

Should I study on my own before taking Powerscore course?

Postby jaydeesal » Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:16 pm

Hi everyone. I am totally new to the LSAT. Do you think it would be better for me to study on my own and get familiar with the test before I take the PowerScore Full Length course? The reason I am asking this is because I am not exactly sure if they expect me to know about the LSAT prior to taking the course. The course is a bit expensive and I want to get the best out of it.

Thanks

maniac0788

Re: Should I study on my own before taking Powerscore course?

Postby maniac0788 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:25 pm

jaydeesal wrote:Hi everyone. I am totally new to the LSAT. Do you think it would be better for me to study on my own and get familiar with the test before I take the PowerScore Full Length course? The reason I am asking this is because I am not exactly sure if they expect me to know about the LSAT prior to taking the course. The course is a bit expensive and I want to get the best out of it.

Thanks

I am in the same situation as you. I would appreciate any input on this as well.

thanks

Jeffort

Postby Jeffort » Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:39 pm

The course, as are full length courses from other quality companies, is designed to teach you pretty much everything you need to know from start to finish. They don't expect you to know much about it, start from the important basics and then move forward from there.

You are not supposed to study or have to study to prep for a prep course.

Rand M.

Postby Rand M. » Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:53 pm

Don't study beforehand. These courses are long enough, and if you do study before hand, it's likely that you will form bad habits that you will have to waste time breaking. Just be patient and ready to devote all that extra energy to the course and the assignments. You can fully absorb it and make gains from the two month program.

CanadianWolf

Postby CanadianWolf » Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:56 pm

You have received good advice in this thread, in my opinion. It is important to do all of the assigned homework to fully benefit from any LSAT prep course.

doug_7506

Postby doug_7506 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:55 pm

Same as the above said. If you are taking a one month powerscore course, as I did. You are looking at 50-80 pages of homework every few days. I would take the time and knock all of this out as it will impound in you the principles.

Just my two cents,

The courses really do work. My cold dig was 139. Powrscore got me 153 on oct of last year. Now I have been following pithypikes guide and have gotten to 165. Anything is possible as long as you keep working!

Jeffort

Postby Jeffort » Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:59 pm

CanadianWolf wrote:You have received good advice in this thread, in my opinion. It is important to do all of the assigned homework to fully benefit from any LSAT prep course.

Image and keep up with the HW as best you can as the class progresses. Just showing up to the classes and doing a little bit of the HW here and there is not enough.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”