Postpone to Dec?

hennenr
Posts: 68
Joined: Sat May 29, 2010 10:18 pm

Postpone to Dec?

Postby hennenr » Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:54 am

I am scheduled to take the LSAT in October and have been studying for the last 4 months but recently an opportunity has come to me that I can't really pass up (winterizing homes across Wyoming, 87 homes at $500 per home) but I would have to leave immediately and I have 2 options.

1. Study on the road whenever I can and change my test center to wherever is closest to me in Wyoming.

or

2. Postpone my test date until December.

I am worried that if I take the test in December that I will be applying far too late and it will significantly hurt my chances (2.76/PTing in the 163-166 range).

I would leave from Montana for Wyoming on September 20th and the job wouldn't be complete until November 1st.

Thanks for any responses!

User avatar
paratactical
Posts: 5961
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:06 pm

Re: Postpone to Dec?

Postby paratactical » Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:03 pm

Do you have a schedule for the winterizing? If I were in your shoes and had a rough idea of where I would be on test day, I would start seeing how full the testing centers are. If you can't find a testing center with spots open near where you'll be, you should probably wait until December. A better score in December is generally regarded as being better than apply early with a worse score.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 34iplaw, dontsaywhatyoumean, jagerbom79, Majestic-12 [Bot], Tomthecat and 9 guests