Confused About What to do?

thouse

Confused About What to do?

Postby thouse » Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:18 pm

I have a 3.0 right now with a Bachelor's of Applied Science and Health Care Administration. I am sure once LSAC does their calculation it will be lower. I have been studying for the Oct test but really don't feel I am ready. I am not trying to go to Harvard or anything but I do want to try and get into Stetson as I live in Tampa. I was speaking with a community leader and she said that she would reccommend getting my Master's in Health Care first prior to going to law school, since the President is doing such a big push for Healthcare and their is free money out there, but I am not sure which route to take?? Any thoughts..

tomwatts

Re: Confused About What to do?

Postby tomwatts » Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:11 pm

That GPA is below Stetson's 25th percentile, so you'd either want a high LSAT (their 75th is 158, so maybe low 160's) or some time and other grades to distance yourself from that. I suppose it depends on the trend, too. If you're doing better now than you were doing when you started college (significantly better), and you score well on the LSAT, the argument could be made that those better current grades and high LSAT score are reflective of where you're at right now. If your grades are flat (3.0 every semester, more or less), then the high LSAT is useful but not as useful as it would be otherwise. If you could do a Master's degree and do fabulously well in it, then that might be more convincing (combined with a high LSAT score).

Either way, you want to prepare for the LSAT in circumstances in which you'll be able to get 160+ to compensate for that GPA a bit.

thouse

Postby thouse » Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:55 pm

I think I am more concerned about my age. I will be 31-32 entering the Master's Program, and probably 34-35 entering law school, do you think that is too old?

CanadianWolf

Postby CanadianWolf » Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:00 pm

If you can obtain grant (non-loan) funds to pay for a master's degree in healthcare, then pursue that option as it is clearly a field of great interest to you. Why do you want to go to law school ?

P.S. If you want to attend law school, consider taking a LSAT prep review course before sitting for the actual exam.

Postby 2014 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:02 pm

If you can afford the masters do it. Your job prospects out of Stetson might require a backup plan. Or that masters could lead you to healthcare law.

thouse

Postby thouse » Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:06 pm

I was actually looking to get a Masters in Health Law or Health Sciences, and then yes go to law school and work in healthcare law.

sayruss11

Postby sayruss11 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:34 pm

LSAT prep?

johnjohn14

Postby johnjohn14 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:33 pm

thouse wrote:I have a 3.0 right now with a Bachelor's of Applied Science and Health Care Administration. I am sure once LSAC does their calculation it will be lower. I have been studying for the Oct test but really don't feel I am ready. I am not trying to go to Harvard or anything but I do want to try and get into Stetson as I live in Tampa. I was speaking with a community leader and she said that she would reccommend getting my Master's in Health Care first prior to going to law school, since the President is doing such a big push for Healthcare and their is free money out there, but I am not sure which route to take?? Any thoughts..

3.0 won't get you very far sorry.....give up

thouse

Postby thouse » Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:52 am

I have been using the powerscore bibles, but i am thinking about taking blueprint the movie.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”