practice consistency

boogie with stu

practice consistency

Postby boogie with stu » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:07 pm

After practice I have been able to improve on the RC section, but if I don't practice RC consistently I start doing poorly again. It takes me about 4 tests practice to get back into it and then I can get the scores that I want. The problem with this is that i am running out of practice tests(and i mean out of all of them that exist). So what do you think i should do? Save up my remaining practice tests for the week before the test? Use some tests I already did? I have tried reading other things (such as the op-eds in the NY times, which was one of the things i saw suggested on this forum) and it does not seem to work. Does anyone else have this problem?

sjrose1

Re: practice consistency

Postby sjrose1 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:04 am

dunno if this would work, but for rc you could try other standardized tests like GRE reading comp, gmat reading comp, or even SAT2 English Literature reading comp. or read books

sundance95

Re: practice consistency

Postby sundance95 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:09 am

sjrose1 wrote:dunno if this would work, but for rc you could try other standardized tests like GRE reading comp, gmat reading comp, or even SAT2 English Literature reading comp. or read books

This is a bad idea. LSAT RC is totally different from these tests. You are better off identifying which types of RC passages you struggle on, and get some publications that will give you practice reading about these topics. For example, if science passages are your weakness, pick up a Scientific American, or The Economist if law/public policy passages make you struggle.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”