Question about "cancelling" LSAT

BrianGriffintheDog

Question about "cancelling" LSAT

Postby BrianGriffintheDog » Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:52 pm

Hello,

I initially signed up for June LSAT but I changed the test date to February. Recently, I canceled my October LSAT through refund. For both LSAT, I never wrote the tests. From what I've been told, you can only write 3 times within 2 years unless you get a permission from a law school to allow you to write the 4th time.

I was just wondering, if the whole "3 times within 2 years" rule apply in my case. Assuming I'll be canceling the February LSAT, not the score, will I still be allowed to write it three times, or am I shit out of luck?

Thanks!

kazu

Re: Question about "cancelling" LSAT

Postby kazu » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:14 pm

BrianGriffintheDog wrote:Hello,

I initially signed up for June LSAT but I changed the test date to February. Recently, I canceled my October LSAT through refund. For both LSAT, I never wrote the tests. From what I've been told, you can only write 3 times within 2 years unless you get a permission from a law school to allow you to write the 4th time.

I was just wondering, if the whole "3 times within 2 years" rule apply in my case. Assuming I'll be canceling the February LSAT, not the score, will I still be allowed to write it three times, or am I shit out of luck?

Thanks!

You'll still be able to take it 3 times. "Cancel" only counts when you cancel after the deadline (therefore not getting the refund), or you cancel after taking the test before you receive scores.

Jeffort

Re: Question about "cancelling" LSAT

Postby Jeffort » Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:38 pm

It only counts against your allowed 3 takes in the last 2 years when you show up on test day, check in, get handed materials, etc.

When you cancel your registration (which is different than taking the test and canceling the score so that it is not reported), it does not count against the 3 because you didn't show up and check in to take the test.

I'd have to double check the fine print, but I'm pretty sure that if you are registered to take the test, didn't change test dates or cancel the registration and simply do not show up on test day, which then gets listed as 'absent' on your score report with no reported score, that that does not count against the 3 takes since you pulled a no show.

More importantly though, why are you planning around the idea of taking it 3 times when you haven't even taken it once yet? I'd go with the idea of prepping really well and taking it when you are ready and consistently able to score in your needed/desired score range.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”