PT 36 Dec 01 RC passage about Renaissance England and Latin

lsatextreme

PT 36 Dec 01 RC passage about Renaissance England and Latin

Postby lsatextreme » Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:00 am

Did anyone find this passage difficult to understand? I must have read through this about 5 times now slowly (along with the first time I did it timed and got 4/8 wrong, pretty much guessed on half of them)

Hands down one of the most difficult I've personally come across...I'm just not understanding what the hell they're talking about.

The gist I got out of it was that Latin isn't getting much love from Intellectual historians studying works of Renaissance England, and that's about it.

awass17

Re: PT 36 Dec 01 RC passage about Renaissance England and Latin

Postby awass17 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:06 am

Yes, I took that PT today and found it very difficult to understand. Somehow I ended up not missing any on that passage however... (I thought I missed at least half of them). There seemed to be a lot of answers in the questions that clearly didn't make sense. I think that was the only redeeming part of that passage (for me). However, that passage made me a little nervous for more RC down the road.

lsatextreme

Postby lsatextreme » Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:10 am

i seem to always have one passage that destroys me out of the 4. I got 4 wrong from the entire section and it was all 4 from that one passage lol.

sigh I guess I must keep grinding difficult passages

awass17

Postby awass17 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:13 am

I find underlining and bracketing to be very helpful. Coincidentally, I don't think I underlined or bracketed anything in that passage (but I did for the other 3 and they went pretty smoothly). The more active I've gotten on underlining and bracketing the better my scores have gotten. RC is often my undoing on these PTs.

lsatextreme

Postby lsatextreme » Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:26 am

awass17 wrote:I find underlining and bracketing to be very helpful. Coincidentally, I don't think I underlined or bracketed anything in that passage (but I did for the other 3 and they went pretty smoothly). The more active I've gotten on underlining and bracketing the better my scores have gotten. RC is often my undoing on these PTs.

i've actually had to tone down on my underlining, I realized once I started, I got too underline happy and ended up marking up more than half the passage. Now I'm trying my best to try to underline key concepts and terms

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”