LR Questions

afLSAT

LR Questions

Postby afLSAT » Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:20 pm

Heyall --

Trying to iron out some LR questions for which I can't quite pinpoint why TCR is indeed TCR.
The help of any LR beasts out there would be much appreciated.

*** PT 8, Second LR, Question 8 (Sports and academic problems)
I can't really express adequately why my choice, B, doesn't work, and why C is TCR.

*** PT 50, Second LR, Q13:
I chose C. This one was tough, because the argument itself is so vague and f***ed up that it's tough to tell what's missing. Clearly, looking back, E is wrong. We're not talking about journalists' beliefs. D is wrong because it turns a SUFFICIENT condition for distorting an event into a NECESSARY condition for distortion. C is wrong because it talks about the significance of ANY ARTICLE, but we're really talking about the historical events themselves, not the articles, and ANY suggests that simply doing this practice ruins ANY article, not just the one in question. But I still can't parse why B is TCR and A is not. A is wrong because . . . still can't tell why A is wrong!!!

Thanks everyone,
A

whymeohgodno

Re: LR Questions

Postby whymeohgodno » Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:58 pm

afLSAT wrote:Heyall --

Trying to iron out some LR questions for which I can't quite pinpoint why TCR is indeed TCR.
The help of any LR beasts out there would be much appreciated.

*** PT 8, Second LR, Question 8 (Sports and academic problems)
I can't really express adequately why my choice, B, doesn't work, and why C is TCR.

*** PT 50, Second LR, Q13:
I chose C. This one was tough, because the argument itself is so vague and f***ed up that it's tough to tell what's missing. Clearly, looking back, E is wrong. We're not talking about journalists' beliefs. D is wrong because it turns a SUFFICIENT condition for distorting an event into a NECESSARY condition for distortion. C is wrong because it talks about the significance of ANY ARTICLE, but we're really talking about the historical events themselves, not the articles, and ANY suggests that simply doing this practice ruins ANY article, not just the one in question. But I still can't parse why B is TCR and A is not. A is wrong because . . . still can't tell why A is wrong!!!

Thanks everyone,
A

PT 50, the correct answer is B because it gets the sufficient and necessary conditions correct.

A is wrong because it isn't relevant to the argument. Even if it was true, it doesn't affect the conclusion because A doesn't mention anything about "distorting public understanding".

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”