How helpful... Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
whymeohgodno

Gold

How helpful...

Post by whymeohgodno » Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:52 pm

Are doing the older LG's? Like the ones that require mapping and circular diagramming, aka rare ones.

Hedwig

Silver

Re: How helpful...

Post by Hedwig » Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:04 pm

If one of them shows up on the Oct. test (that kind of format) - pretty damn helpful. It also teaches you to think in different ways.

Jeffort

Gold

Post by Jeffort » Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:27 pm

Mapping games have been dead/dormant since '93. I wouldn't stress about getting one. It seems like the LSAT gods realized back then that it is a LS admission test, not a cartography school admission test.

Circular sequencing on the other hand, I wouldn't be surprised if one pops up again. Last one on a disclosed test was October 2003 and there have been anecdotal reports of them appearing in experimental sections within the last several years.

whymeohgodno

Gold

Post by whymeohgodno » Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:56 pm

It's just depressing for me taking these older tests, and messing up on games which I probably won't see when I take it.

I wish I didn't take the recent preptests so early...me being a dumbass I guess.

Jeffort

Gold

Post by Jeffort » Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:52 pm

whymeohgodno wrote:It's just depressing for me taking these older tests, and messing up on games which I probably won't see when I take it.

I wish I didn't take the recent preptests so early...me being a dumbass I guess.
Stop putting your daily emotional state into the hands of your practice test score ups and downs!!! STOP THAT NOW!!
It's normal to fluctuate along the way, especially with some of the weirdo games from the 90's. Practicing with unexpected/odd-ball stuff is a good thing to do. You never know what they are going to throw at you.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

whymeohgodno

Gold

Post by whymeohgodno » Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:13 pm

Jeffort wrote:
whymeohgodno wrote:It's just depressing for me taking these older tests, and messing up on games which I probably won't see when I take it.

Stop putting your daily emotional state into the hands of your practice test score ups and downs!!! STOP THAT NOW!!
It's normal to fluctuate along the way, especially with some of the weirdo games from the 90's. Practicing with unexpected/odd-ball stuff is a good thing to do. You never know what they are going to throw at you.
What can I say. I'm very sensitive :(

Platinum

Post by 2014 » Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:51 pm

Which PT has a circular sequencing, I have no idea what you guys are talking about and I'm curious :P

sophia.olive

Silver

Post by sophia.olive » Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:19 am

whymeohgodno wrote:Are doing the older LG's? Like the ones that require mapping and circular diagramming, aka rare ones.
Its important to be flexible when taking the actual test.

TheLuckyOne

Bronze

Post by TheLuckyOne » Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:19 am

2014 wrote:Which PT has a circular sequencing, I have no idea what you guys are talking about and I'm curious :P
Jeffort wrote: Last one on a disclosed test was October 2003
PT 41 game 4

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”