Moment when it clicked?

User avatar
Blindc1rca
Posts: 288
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:11 pm

Moment when it clicked?

Postby Blindc1rca » Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:58 pm

Did any of you have a moment with LR where everything just became a lot more obvious to you?

blair27
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:19 pm

Re: Moment when it clicked?

Postby blair27 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:22 pm

If you don't mind sharing...what were these books or PDFs you acquired that were so helpful.

Thanks in advance

User avatar
AverageTutoring
Posts: 298
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:18 pm

Re: Moment when it clicked?

Postby AverageTutoring » Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:24 pm

Blindc1rca wrote:Did any of you have a moment with LR where everything just became a lot more obvious to you?

Obvious, no. Comprehendable, yes.

When I started to read for logical structure as opposed to reading for the sake of reading, my marks improved substantially. It really sounds stupid, but there was a time when I read the stimulus without actively engaging myself with the argument. I didn't make it a point of knowing exactly what the argument was saying, how it worked or what its flaw was. Once I started doing that stupid mistakes were cut down by a factor of 3.

User avatar
Blindc1rca
Posts: 288
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:11 pm

Re: Moment when it clicked?

Postby Blindc1rca » Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:13 pm

blair27 wrote:If you don't mind sharing...what were these books or PDFs you acquired that were so helpful.

Thanks in advance


haha i removed the bulk of the post and even then i originally refrained from name dropping because i didn't want it to seem like a long-winded plug. that said, since you asked, they are just the two cambridge books that organize LR by type and put them in order of ascending difficulty.

buena suerte!

yo so averagetutoring essentially, regardless of what adjective you want to throw before your enlightenment, you did have a moment where things just clicked.

i.e. i shouldn't feel like these sections are flukes? my cold diagnostic was a 165. i started hitting the books hard a month ago. is it too absurd to think i've gone up 10 points avg since then?

User avatar
AverageTutoring
Posts: 298
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:18 pm

Re: Moment when it clicked?

Postby AverageTutoring » Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:26 pm

Blindc1rca wrote:
blair27 wrote:If you don't mind sharing...what were these books or PDFs you acquired that were so helpful.

Thanks in advance


haha i removed the bulk of the post and even then i originally refrained from name dropping because i didn't want it to seem like a long-winded plug. that said, since you asked, they are just the two cambridge books that organize LR by type and put them in order of ascending difficulty.

buena suerte!

yo so averagetutoring essentially, regardless of what adjective you want to throw before your enlightenment, you did have a moment where things just clicked.

i.e. i shouldn't feel like these sections are flukes? my cold diagnostic was a 165. i started hitting the books hard a month ago. is it too absurd to think i've gone up 10 points avg since then?


You started at a 165 and are now averaging a 175? If you've done it why would you ask if it's absurd? Clearly you have it going on!

To answer your original question: yes, major jumps do occur all of a sudden. I went from a -8 average per LR to a -3 over the period of about a week. It took work to get that into the -0/-1 range but the initial jump happened when things started to "click."

The same kind of thing happened with LG for me. RC was a whole other can of worms......

inmans
Posts: 63
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:12 pm

Re: Moment when it clicked?

Postby inmans » Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:23 am

yes, it happened a week before the test. keep studying!

User avatar
Blindc1rca
Posts: 288
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:11 pm

Re: Moment when it clicked?

Postby Blindc1rca » Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:38 pm

i think this may have happened for me yesterday. we'll see if it holds up.

User avatar
Anaconda
Posts: 610
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:51 pm

Re: Moment when it clicked?

Postby Anaconda » Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:55 pm

It seemed to click for me for a few days (answers popped out) and then went away. :(

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Moment when it clicked?

Postby Knock » Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:13 pm

Blindc1rca wrote:Did any of you have a moment with LR where everything just became a lot more obvious to you?


yeah, after i'd taken a ton of PT's my LR started to become my strongest section, I think. especially after taking a couple of months completely off after the June LSAT, everything has really clicked (although my formal logic is a little bit rusty, but that hasn't been too much of a trouble).

User avatar
Blindc1rca
Posts: 288
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:11 pm

Re: Moment when it clicked?

Postby Blindc1rca » Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:17 pm

PT 41 yesterday, -1RC, -2LG, -1LR, -0LR got me a 178

so I knocked back a few too many Rum and Cokes to celebrate.

PT43 today, hung the f%ck over, -5RC, -1LR, -1LR, -5LG = 170. RC was first and I had a throbbing liquor headache (also, no joke, marching band practice began). I got to the last passage with 3 minutes left. FML. I bombed that art purchases game too, missed every one (hence the -5LG). I went back before checking my answers and did it again with a different diagram. Finished it in 5:30 wwwtffff not even that hard.

Lesson learned: Liquor will destroy your RC (and possibly make you forget how to make a basic diagram).

The only good thing I see in this is that on my last 2 PTs I've missed a total of 3 LR questions. W00t. I hope I don't revert with these LRs. I was missing 5-8 per test like 10 days ago.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Barack O'Drama, Giro423, Google [Bot], Instrumental, Pozzo and 11 guests