Sleep Issues

Re: Sleep Issues

Postby inchoate_con » Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:16 am

St.Remy wrote:Be sure to consult your pharmacist/doctor before taking these medications

Yea.... consult your medical staff. Also, before you remove that tag from your mattress, make sure you've retained counsel.

Postby AverageTutoring » Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:05 am

Knockglock wrote:
St.Remy wrote:
Knockglock wrote:
Chris_cpb wrote:I've found that even cheap solutions to insomnia do work. You can buy a bottle of natural sleep-inducing pills for something like $5 at Walgreens. I guess it could vary though depending on what you have planned the following morning.

I feel like those are placebos, i'm skeptical. No proof or anything but just my gut feeling.

A bottle of Port or Brandy never failed me. There are definitely cheap and effective sleep aids available, OP just needs to experiment (responsibly) with the methods available.

Yeah, alcohol seems work well for me, but I definitely don't want to head down that road.

No word of a lie: two MooseHeads and a peanut butter sandwhich and you will fall asleep like a baby. Trust me on this.

Postby Blindc1rca » Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:35 pm

AverageTutoring wrote:No word of a lie: two MooseHeads and a peanut butter sandwhich and you will fall asleep like a baby. Trust me on this.

^^ Damn Canucks! Haha no but MooseHead is the sh¡t I'll cede you that. That said I might recommend Spaten Optimator for the desired effect.

PB sandwich though? Peut être, but only sans jelly. I like my peeb straight up, unadulterated.

Postby Pitcher » Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:37 pm

The people who are the most likely to take sleeping pills rather than practice behavior modification techniques are those who have previously had the most trouble falling asleep. Oh wait, that is the answer to a LR question in PT 55. Maybe you can get a suggestion on TOPMEDICALSCHOOLS.COM. You will probably receive 100 different suggestions here the only consistent answer will be when a suggested remedy fails then everyone here will say: "sue the manufacturer."

Postby hijodehombre » Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:45 pm

Postby revolution724 » Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:29 pm

hijodehombre wrote:tequila

Hurling while you're asleep can result in an unpleasant choking death.

Postby acrossthelake » Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:42 pm

1) Don't use alcohol. It sends you to sleep, but disrupts your sleep, and gives you worse-quality sleep. *Quality* of sleep matters more than sheer quantity, and alcohol gives you more quantity at the expense of quality.

This is often true for sleeping pills as well--tends to increase quantity, but not quality (although it doesn't damage quality the way alcohol does). I really wouldn't recommend starting sleeping pills the day before the LSAT since ppl tend to react differently and you might react poorly and find yourself groggy throughout the entire exam.

2) I couldn't sleep at all the night before the test, but I made sure to get as much as possible in the few weeks prior. You'll feel the exhaustion a lot less from one reduced night the night before if you get a *lot* of sleep in the weeks prior. So please don't do the suggestions someone did to make yourself exhausted by sleeping poorly a few days prior. You'll pay for that.

This is advice based on textbooks, a professor who specializes in studying sleep, and a friend's father who is a doctor and professor at a well-known medical school whose specialty includes sleep and its disorders.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”