Abnormally long RC sections?

kpuc

Abnormally long RC sections?

Postby kpuc » Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:40 pm

I was doing PT #50, and everything was fine until the "Riddled Basins of Attraction" passage. The passage itself wasn't too hard to understand, but each answer choice required enormous amounts of reading. Each question was as long as a Parallel Reasoning question, in which each choice consists of a huge chunk of writing. Not only that, but there were 28 question instead of the usual 27 in the section. I thought it was ridiculous.

I still managed to escape with a -4, which is disappointing but not too bad. But is this the norm now? I mainly PT'ed with old PrepTests, and the amount of reading required in the RC sections was much more manageable in those.

youknowryan

Re: Abnormally long RC sections?

Postby youknowryan » Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:51 am

kpuc wrote:I was doing PT #50, and everything was fine until the "Riddled Basins of Attraction" passage. The passage itself wasn't too hard to understand, but each answer choice required enormous amounts of reading. Each question was as long as a Parallel Reasoning question, in which each choice consists of a huge chunk of writing. Not only that, but there were 28 question instead of the usual 27 in the section. I thought it was ridiculous.

I still managed to escape with a -4, which is disappointing but not too bad. But is this the norm now? I mainly PT'ed with old PrepTests, and the amount of reading required in the RC sections was much more manageable in those.

try pt2 or 3 with the waterbugs and then reply back with whether you think the older sections are more manageable. IMO RC has not changed as much as some might claim.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”