LSAT/Admissions Flowchart Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
whymeohgodno

Gold

Re: LSAT/Admissions Flowchart

Post by whymeohgodno » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:22 pm

Jeffort wrote:
d34dluk3 wrote:
Jeffort wrote:Whatever...

How about: I thought the inclusion of race as a major factor in the flow chart to be in very very bad taste. It certainly doesn't add anything funny to it, which seems to be the point of the whole thing. People are sensitive to such things and do get offended by it.

I wonder how that Pastor in Florida that is pushing for a Koran burning day is doing today.
This is complete bullshit. No one is taking shots at any race; it's just a fact of the admissions process that blacks, native Americans, Puerto Ricans, and Mexicans have a much better chance of admission. Take those away from "everybody" and what is left?
Right, the flowchart doesn't seem to have been intended to take pot-shots at any given race, but instead seems to have been intended to be funny by pointing out the difficulties of admissions and future J.D. career prospects based on many other reality factors. I found most of it to be pretty funny with all that, especially with a lot of it leading to McDonalds. As I said in other words, including racial classification as a major cross roads in that flow of possibilities, given the thing was not about affirmative action, comes off as racist and kinda ruined it, at least for me.
How was the thing NOT about affirmative action? Are you saying affirmative action isn't about racial classifications?

Jeffort

Gold

Post by Jeffort » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:45 pm

whymeohgodno wrote:
Jeffort wrote:
d34dluk3 wrote:
Jeffort wrote:Whatever...

How about: I thought the inclusion of race as a major factor in the flow chart to be in very very bad taste. It certainly doesn't add anything funny to it, which seems to be the point of the whole thing. People are sensitive to such things and do get offended by it.

I wonder how that Pastor in Florida that is pushing for a Koran burning day is doing today.
This is complete bullshit. No one is taking shots at any race; it's just a fact of the admissions process that blacks, native Americans, Puerto Ricans, and Mexicans have a much better chance of admission. Take those away from "everybody" and what is left?
Right, the flowchart doesn't seem to have been intended to take pot-shots at any given race, but instead seems to have been intended to be funny by pointing out the difficulties of admissions and future J.D. career prospects based on many other reality factors. I found most of it to be pretty funny with all that, especially with a lot of it leading to McDonalds. As I said in other words, including racial classification as a major cross roads in that flow of possibilities, given the thing was not about affirmative action, comes off as racist and kinda ruined it, at least for me.
How was the thing NOT about affirmative action? Are you saying affirmative action isn't about racial classifications?
I found the rest of it past step 1 to be applicable to every JD hopeful regardless of race and to be racially neutral about the track of possibilities.
If the point of the thing was to make fun of affirmative action/raced based decisions and results in the lawyer mill process, it failed miserably.

Seriously, ignore the first step about Asian/white, re-work a few of the lines to connect the left part and the right part so that they apply to everybody and it is funny and has some reality based merit.

d34d9823

Gold

Post by d34d9823 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:46 pm

Jeffort wrote:Right, the flowchart doesn't seem to have been intended to take pot-shots at any given race, but instead seems to have been intended to be funny by pointing out the difficulties of admissions and future J.D. career prospects based on many other reality factors. I found most of it to be pretty funny with all that, especially with a lot of it leading to McDonalds. As I said in other words, including racial classification as a major cross roads in that flow of possibilities, given the thing was not about affirmative action, comes off as racist and kinda ruined it, at least for me.
What, you'd rather stick your head in the sand and pretend that being black or NDN isn't a huge advantage? By your definition, reality is racist and should not be alluded to, ever.

whymeohgodno

Gold

Post by whymeohgodno » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:57 pm

I found the rest of it past step 1 to be applicable to every JD hopeful regardless of race and to be racially neutral about the track of possibilities.
If the point of the thing was to make fun of affirmative action/raced based decisions and results in the lawyer mill process, it failed miserably.

Seriously, ignore the first step about Asian/white, re-work a few of the lines to connect the left part and the right part so that they apply to everybody and it is funny and has some reality based merit.
Uh no. Law school isn't racially neutral. And yes, being white/asian versus being black/hispanic is based in reality.

You just want them to leave out an integral part of the law school admissions process because of the possibility that the truth would offend someone?

Lulz.

Jeffort

Gold

Post by Jeffort » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:15 pm

whymeohgodno wrote:

Uh no. Law school isn't racially neutral. And yes, being white/asian versus being black/hispanic is based in reality.

You just want them to leave out an integral part of the law school admissions process because of the possibility that the truth would offend someone?

Lulz.
Uhmm ok. LR skills people. I'm mainly commenting and talking about the flowchart itself, not about LS admission policies and associated actions overall. I thought the topic of discussion was narrowed to that pretty clearly from the start.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

3|ink

Platinum

Post by 3|ink » Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:37 pm

Jeffort wrote:
whymeohgodno wrote:

Lulz.
Uhmm ok. LR skills people. I'm mainly commenting and talking about the flowchart itself, not about LS admission policies and associated actions overall. I thought the topic of discussion was narrowed to that pretty clearly from the start.
I think it was appropriate and funny. If anyone was offended by that, than he/she should be equally offended by receiving preferential treatment when applying to LS.

PS: What's a shit GPA? Where is the line drawn?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”