When is the best time to take the test?

Geetar Man

When is the best time to take the test?

Postby Geetar Man » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:43 pm

Hello All!
I am a senior, graduating this May. I was wondering when I should take the LSATand was hoping to find some advice from TLS. I won't be ready for it this October, so would December be a better option? What about February?

Also, if I take the test this December or February, which cycle will I be ready to apply for? Meaning, will I be able to apply for spring of 2012? Or will I have to wait until Fall of 2012?

Thanks!

gdane

Re: When is the best time to take the test?

Postby gdane » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:46 pm

Oh god. This question has been asked a million times. Theres a sticky at the top of the page that would answer your question...
Put simply take it the summer before your senior year if you intend on going to law school straight from undergraduate. Apply before Halloween and go from there.

Good luck!

dextermorgan

Postby dextermorgan » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:43 pm

June is the best time to take it.

There is no Spring cycle.

WTF?

Geetar Man

Postby Geetar Man » Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:25 pm

dextermorgan wrote:June is the best time to take it.

There is no Spring cycle.

WTF?

What do you mean there is no spring cycle? When I say cycle, I mean an application deadline for the spring term. Maybe I am using the wrong terminology.

northwood

Postby northwood » Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:51 pm

take it in june, if you undergraduate schedule allows you enough time to study at least an hour or 2 a day. If not, take it in October , and use your summer to study every single day. THe best time to apply is before Thanksgiving of the year before you want to start. ( I.E. if you want to start in the fall of 2012, have your applications sent in before thanksgiving 2011). Most, if not all law schools only let you start in the fall semester.

If you arent ready by december of this year, then you should take a year off in between graduation and law school, study and get some work experience. Use the time to determine where you want to live, what you want to do, and study. If you start studying right after graduation, then you should be ready to knock the test out of the park in October, and not have to worry about taking it again.
HTH

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”