my problem with rc

paulshortys10

my problem with rc

Postby paulshortys10 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:18 pm

I seem to be improving thanks to me using a highlighter now, but I'm going way over time....im doing about 44 minutes a section...its only my. third timed test though and ill be doing about 25 more pt's til oct, will I improve....? any tips

CardozoLaw09

Re: my problem with rc

Postby CardozoLaw09 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:20 pm

Yeah, just keep reading. Going too fast won't do you any good because you'll become too passive and miss key information.

paulshortys10

Postby paulshortys10 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:25 pm

I don't think reading is the problem....I read well within the recommended time period....I thinks its the questions

Hedwig

Postby Hedwig » Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:45 pm

paulshortys10 wrote:I don't think reading is the problem....I read well within the recommended time period....I thinks its the questions

If you can't answer the questions, your problem is with reading the passage. As in, not reading it well enough to pick up the information you need in order to answer the questions.

What is your average amount of missed questions? What exactly is going wrong? Why are you spending so much time on the questions?

kpuc

Postby kpuc » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:15 pm

What I love about RC is that the right answers are right there in the passage for you. It's all about a matter of locating it.

LG is my best section, but it still intimidates me the most because it's the section that obscures the answer the most. Unless you get the inferences, it's hard to even make an educated guess.

So the way to approach RC is to calm yourself due to the fact that the answers are written plainly in front of you. Just sniff them out. Most, if not all, of the RC questions are directly supported by quotations from the text.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”